Atomic is the best by far!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heheh

Since when did not having a card to do something stop me? (I do however draw the line at caving and a few other sorted things, incase anyone wants to start a flame war..............but if you must......) I'm not on a mission to die!

Oooops I might have just lost my Padi communicator badge.............

But seriously, I don't think anyone should really be doing that dive on anything else but He. (yeah yeah, deep air rules........pot heads)

Yeah I'll be on Helium. Will you? I heard you're up for Empress as well!!!

SWEEEEET. We'll talk tonight!

See you guys on the St. James! Must do it on Helium I've done it both ways air and mix trust me you want to be on mix! I'll be diving my M1 Atomic....:)

I wanna be your buddy Ninja! You da man!

Everything is good when I'm Ninja's buddy........I'm safe, and nothing goes wrong :)

I'll be diving the Atomic "$troke" SP1...(Mk25's baby)
heheheh

Ninja!!!

I can't wait to be on the mighty St. James after seeing your eyes light up about it at the mere mention of the wreck.

Now Ninja, you have remained impartial in the M1 scandal. What are your feelings about it? Is it really a major difference in breathing in comparison to your S600?

DS - wanna mix my gas for the St. James too?

DiveMistress2:
Ninja!!!

I can't wait to be on the mighty St. James after seeing your eyes light up about it at the mere mention of the wreck.

Now Ninja, you have remained impartial in the M1 scandal. What are your feelings about it? Is it really a major difference in breathing in comparison to your S600?

DS - wanna mix my gas for the St. James too?

Well my Divemistress :)

Having dove both I will say that the atomic appeared to breathe a little nicer. now I do only have 4 dives on mine it's been a sh*tty winter! :-( Has not froze yet. I truly beleive alot of 2nd stage freeze up are attributed to first stage freeze ups. Now we have atomics with the optional enviroment seal wich is nothing more than a boot packed with cristolube to block the enviroment a little messy but quite effective. I beleive the M1 is an S600 with a few nice modifacations...both are fabulous. Would I jump out and buy an M1 if I had an S600 probably not but I needed a new primary and love the way these regs are made and the engineering involved.

The dive I really tesested it on was a 35 degree 165 ffw shore dive on air (stroke) :) but I needed to know performance. It was the best reg I have dove to depth on as of yet but we should be on mix anyways at this depth so most regs are dreamy with Helium running through them anyways. Anyways got to depth purged the reg out of my mouth for 2 mins and it finally froze with all that abuse! I shut down my primary post and went to my Diverite back up and waited about a minute turned back on the atomic and it was fine :) finished the dive without any incidents.

Just a note most regs I have done this with with an exception of poseidons, sherwoods,and mares metal regulators Abyss, etc..alomost everything else has froze!

I love the Atomics and highly recommend them also the S.P's are an amazing piece of equipment with exceptional engineering I recommend them as well.

Len (diplomatic) :)

My dear deep dark & demanding diving Ninja,

That was a very well rounded response. Just what I expected from you. That was a fine example of what I was looking for when I posed the question about the M1's.

When we're on the mighty St. James I might steal a few breaths off it at depth to see if there is a noticable difference if that is ok with you. That is if I haven't tried it by June which is highly unlikely at the rate we're going.

Then I'll know from personal experience what I think of this reg.

Divemistress2:

Mix YOUR gas??

I don't think so! You couldn't pay me enough to mix someone elses gas. I take liability issues pretty seriously.

But :).........(there's always a BUT).........if you happened to stop by and there just happened to be an open garage with some tanks and stuff layin' around, and there just happened to be a piece of paper with the PP's for a dive to the St James, I don't think you'd be trespassing or tampering if you started turning some valves on your own......

teheheheh

DeepScuba:
Divemistress2:

Mix YOUR gas??

I don't think so! You couldn't pay me enough to mix someone elses gas. I take liability issues pretty seriously.

But :).........(there's always a BUT).........if you happened to stop by and there just happened to be an open garage with some tanks and stuff layin' around, and there just happened to be a piece of paper with the PP's for a dive to the St James, I don't think you'd be trespassing or tampering if you started turning some valves on your own......

teheheheh

Bad Deepscuba! :cheeky:

And if I happen to leave my car their and somebody fixes it sweet! But seriously If it is a "training dive" I'll mix it for you besides all you do is throw in some Helium and throw a little O2 on top but not too much and top with compressed air !

You can get your Padi cyber gas blender card...i'm issuing right now for 20 bucks each :)

Len

Back
Top Bottom