Cozumel with Blue XT SEA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nanson

Registered
Reaction score
Cozumel has been a travel and diving destination for us since 1977 and each time we return it changes a little more but this time was totally different. We found Blue XT Sea and will not have to look any further for the right fit for a dive operation. We have dived with the cattle boats, the fast boats, the Clubs, and the extended bottom time operations but none of them delivered like Blue XT Sea. Their boat, Shamu is a twin engine, covered, fast boat that could easily hold 8 divers but there were never more than 6 plus the D.M. On several of the days it was just 4 divers and on 2 days we were the only 2 plus the D.M. That was special treatment.

The dive masters, Raul I and Raul II, have been diving these reefs for years and know them like it was their own back yard (which it is). You tell them what you want to see and they will take you to it. They chose dive sites that were uncrowded and off the beaten path. The boat captain, Mago, is always there on the surface to pick you up, help you with cameras and gear, and has your new tank set up for your next dive, always with enthusiasm and a smile. This is a dive operation that cares about its customers and provides service beyond the dive boat. They will stay in contact with you after the dives to set schedules, they are prompt, and they rinse and dry your gear after the days diving and have it set up for you on the boat the next day. If the weather gets bad they can get you out on a bigger boat from a northern harbor in bad weather when other operators have to call off dive days because their harbor is closed. And if you travel in January, and are an advanced diver, you may just be lucky enough to get to go north and encounter the Eagle Rays who come to those waters that time of the year. On one dive we saw 21 of the beautiful creatures.

These Blue XT Sea people LOVE their work, they ENJOY each other, and they want you to have as much FUN as they have. And they have the energy and ability to make that happen for you. Now that’s who we like to dive with. You can try the others, and some are very good, but if you like long bottom times, good fast boats, experience, excellent service, choice dive sites and more FUN, then this is the one. We felt like family and plan to return.

Welcome to Scuba Board...

don

I have only heard good things about this dive op on this board as well as other boards. Christi is from Austin Tx and has worked very hard to build her business on a very compeitive island. Good luck to her and I am sure she is as sweet in person as she comes across on these boards. :thumbs-up

A small group of swampers got to dive with and induct Christi into the TSD last October.

She was a great pleasure to dive with. High class operation. She also joined us for many of our meals.

We will be back to dive with her again.

TwoBit

My wife and I will be diving with Christi at the end of the month. It's our first trip to Coz, we can't wait! She's been very responsive via email and the reviews here and elsewhere have been 100% positive. Thanks for the report ...

There is no doubt that BlueXT is a first rate operation. Christi and her entire staff are professional, safety oriented and most importantly fun!!!!! We dove with her last July for a couple days and loved it. Raul is an incredible DM. He worked patiently with my father-in-law who was having some ear problems. Raul took good care of him and he had the dives of a lifetime, as did both my wife and I. We'll definately be back to dive with BlueXT again.

It has just come to my attention that this same post has been made to at least two other message boards, word for word. Since this is Nanson's very first post, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's just very enthusiatic about finding a good dive op. Usually when a new members very first post is highly praising a business, especially in such an eloquent manner, it's suspiciously considered spamming. A one shot wonder. However, I know Christi and know she wouldn't condone such blatant advertising for her business so I'm going to allow it to stay. Especially since so many of our members can confirm the claims.

Nanson, I hope you return to Scubaboard and continue to contribute to our community here.

OK Dee, if it makes ya feel any better, I'll vouch for Blue XT Sea too!

First hand experience, and I'll be back with her next, time, and the time after that, and the time after that :)

Dee,
Very asstute. The post here was a shorter version of the other two. It is easier to copy and paste from a word document than do an original for each site. And there are pictures on Rodale's site. We have been diving Cozumel for a long time and know that service like Christi's is hard to come by. We just wanted to share the news, but it looks like the news is already out there.
We are nothing more than divers who appreciate being pampered and want to let others know that you can find it in Cozumel. We hope to continue to contribute now that we have found the site.

By the way, how do you submit a trip report?? Instead of a thread.
Can you search trip reports for specific destinations?

Thanks for letting the post stay.
Chuck and Nancy Anson

Dee:
It has just come to my attention that this same post has been made to at least two other message boards, word for word. Since this is Nanson's very first post, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's just very enthusiatic about finding a good dive op. Usually when a new members very first post is highly praising a business, especially in such an eloquent manner, it's suspiciously considered spamming. A one shot wonder. However, I know Christi and know she wouldn't condone such blatant advertising for her business so I'm going to allow it to stay. Especially since so many of our members can confirm the claims.

Nanson, I hope you return to Scubaboard and continue to contribute to our community here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom