Nurse Shark Saved

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Florida Scuba Divers

Contributor
Reaction score
While diving off Shark Tales yesterday, we were on the wreck Princess Ann when we noticed a Nurse Shark lying lifeless on the bottom. When we approached and touched his tail he began to swim away. We saw that the shark had a large Frisbee around his neck and it was preventing him from eating. The shark looked very weak and had lost a lot of weight. Chip swam up to the shark and removed the Frisbee without incident. Way to go Chip... this Nurse Shark should live a long and healthy life thanks to you.

YouTube - Saving a Nurse Shark 2-27-10_0001.wmv

Attachments

• Shark Tales 2-27-10 027 001_0001.jpg
    Shark Tales 2-27-10 027 001_0001.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 189
  • Shark Tales 2-27-10 027 001_0002.jpg
    Shark Tales 2-27-10 027 001_0002.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 206
  • Shark Tales 2-27-10 027 001_0003.jpg
    Shark Tales 2-27-10 027 001_0003.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 184
Good Job Guys! :thumb:

Excellent work Chip!

Chip, way to go!!!!

Chip, thank God some divers are helping sharks and all our lovely sea creatures. Great Job, I owe ya a dive...Slate

So wonderful!
This made my day.
The Princess Anne is also one of my favorite wreck dives, and that is saying a lot as I do not go out of my way to hit wrecks.

Chug
Saved a grunt once from a hook and line.

Super!

The diver in the video is carrying a spear gun. Presumably to spear and kill large fish around the wreck, and yet he's proud that he saved the life of...a big fish.

I don't get it, but maybe that's just me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom