Looking for mask with a full lens +1.5 correction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shogan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
It seems all the corrective masks are a negative RX. I need a +. And the only thing find there stock would be like a reader type (sherwood makes one). I want the whole dang lens to be plus.

Is there anything outthere off the shelf like they have for the minus folks. Or is this something I have to have special made.

Yes I know about the stick on lens but again thats a lil spot at the bottom I want to be able to see fish and everything else not just my guages.

It seems all the corrective masks are a negative RX. I need a +. And the only thing find there stock would be like a reader type (sherwood makes one). I want the whole dang lens to be plus.

Is there anything outthere off the shelf like they have for the minus folks. Or is this something I have to have special made.

Yes I know about the stick on lens but again thats a lil spot at the bottom I want to be able to see fish and everything else not just my guages.

EDGE has them for the EDGE Vision mask in full lens +1.5, any EDGE Dealer can get them for you.
There are a few that are here on the board, I imagine one will chime in soon!

That appears to be the same corrective lens that only comes in negative all be it all the way up to negative 8 just not positive.

That appears to be the same corrective lens that only comes in negative all be it all the way up to negative 8 just not positive.

I'm sorry, I guess I don't understand what you are saying. You are saying that I don't have it in positive????

CERICH I you have +1.5 lens let me know where to get them and how much. Every site selling masks (including yours) with corrective lens only show negative correction as my option. Maybe I"m missing something. Outside of custom the only positve lens I find are in somehting like the sherwood with the little reader positive correction on the bottom like a bifocal.

Most of the ones I see here have + and - prescriptions starting at about +/- 2.

I need to get one of these this year. I'm starting to have to guess at the numbers on my instruments. I can't read my SPG anymore. I just get a general idea where the needle is... LOL

R..

So, you are farsighted.....the reason why you're having 'a problem' getting the + Rx in a mask is a numbers thingy-ie a lot more people need(wear) glasses for myopia(- Rx) vs hyperopia(+ Rx)...something like maybe 3(or 4) to 1 under the age of 40(in the US---MUCH MUCH greater difference in the Asian world)....So what's happening, these companies are playing a numbers game with you ie they will sell A LOT more (-) lenses than (+) lenses to the general public....

yup, nearsighted and bi-focals are where there is any volume at all. that said I get my lens can make whatever I ask them to make. I have a order coming with some of te more popular in 3 weeks, they will be air freight. I will put a full 1.5 for each lens on the order if you need it. just let me know right away please. Whichever EDGE dealer you choose just tell them to call me. I figure by the end of the month I can have you with mask and opticals in hand, and save you enough money to get a two tank boat trip with the savings.

PM me if interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom