Brac Reef Resort- Alive and Well!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

webbedfoot

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got back yesterday from The Brac Reef Resort on Cayman Brac. To say that they have bounced back from the devastation wrought on them by hurricane Paloma in 2008 would be an understatement. The resort has been completely rebuilt / remodeled, the dive operation is as good as it gets (still includes their famous "valet" diving service from Mick and the gang) and the food is just as great as ever. The rebuild is not the same exact layout as before, but very close- it gives you a kind of deja-vu feeling walking around the place. Having said that, it is totally fresh and actually upgraded from it's previous iteration- actually nicer and better.

Good dive news- there are also two new dive moorings that are just coming on line- TreeHouse and Donna's Delight. Both are worthy new sites waiting to be discovered with lots of macro shots just waiting to be taken there.

It took them a long time to get their operation back on-line but they are up and running on all eight cylinders now. You can book there with confidence.

I have to say it remains one of my favorite get aways

are the rocks that you paint and personalize still there. me and my group went in '06. actually lost a member there. we will go back to do a memorial dive for her.

Mermaid,
Yes there are SOME still there; as you can imagine the hurricane did a number on most everyone's calling cards, and most are just plain gone. I can say that there are probably about a third of what was there when I visited in February of 2008. We found the "remnants" of a tree hanger we made, and thats from three totally different ones from various trips.

Who knows, your's may well be one of the ones left.

Webbedfoot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom