Valentines Day Dive 2-14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems like we have some choices here.

I havent been diving anywhere other than Shaws Cove in Laguna thats why I mentioned going there. I am comfortable diving there. But I guess if you guys who dive Laguna often know of a better place than I am willing to try somewhere new.

I would also like to do some ealry dives. I am hoping to be in Laguna seven-thrity-ish.

So lets agree on a place and time so everyone is on the same page.

Ana

Might join in, my saturday boat cancelled, not enough interest, must be a holiday or something,,,,, :sappy:

Seal Rock to Deadman's is a good dive.......

Deadman's is great, but a bit of a swim.

Most of my experience in Laguna is Deadman's and Cress....

How were your pics. Any award winners

No award winners, but finally got a decent fringehead pic

Chris

Seal Rock is a nice and easy dive, looks like low tide is about 11am so it will be going out.

LowTide:
Seal Rock is a nice and easy dive, looks like low tide is about 11am so it will be going out.

Seal Rock is a great dive, and has showers and restrooms, but parking, as with Shaws Cove is a challenge.
Treasure Island is a great dive, has showers and parking is not a problem, just have to pay $1.00 per hour, 3 hr max.

Divers Cove, Fishermans, and other Laguna sites are all good, if you can find parking.

Name the time and place Wrinkles and I am there.

Looks like an L.A. invasion is going to occur in O.C.! I'll be in the area on Sunday, but it looks like you all are going to do this thing on Saturday, huh?
Oh well, I'll see most of you in Avalon on the 21st.
Everyone have a good dive on Saturday and I'll catch you next week!
Dive safe,
Robert

I'll be there too, just need to know the time and the place.

Looking forward for it.

Friedrich

I think, as far as the people who weighed in on the board, feel like Crescent/Seal rock on Valentines is the best place and time to dive. I'm not familar with those dive sites but am sure one of you guys can give directions as to where they are. I think the best time to meet up is at 8:00 that way we can get a couple dives in.

So it seems like so far we have:

Myself
Skbaboy
Pasley
Chris M..... maybe
Low tide
mickwhittier
Mo2vation

If I missed anyone let me know...

Ana

I'm in (so long as it's not a 6 am meeting time :) ).....

The trick to parking at Crescent is NOT to park on Crescent Bay Drive, unles you are there wicked early. There are only a few spots available.

Instead, go two streets north on PCH, wish I could remember the name of the street, but I believe it's the second street north from CBD, there is a dirt lot on the southwest corner. It's not a light. there is one light between CBD and this street.

This street is a short one way loop, with lots of parking. Go left from PCH, straight towards the ocean, the street turns left and down a hill. At the bottom of the hill is the short stairway to CBD. The street then veers left again towards PCH.

The only drawback is it adds a short stairway and short hill to the walk, but it's much easier parking.

Again tho, early enough and there mightbe parking at CBD.

I would suggest meeting at the top of the stairs at CBD geared up ready to dive at 8? I plan to show up a bit earlier to check conditions.

I won't be wearing a red carnation, but I do look like this - hmm, can't load pics here? attached? either way, drive a black pathfinder

Chris

wrinkles:
I think, as far as the people who weighed in on the board, feel like Crescent/Seal rock on Valentines is the best place and time to dive. I'm not familar with those dive sites but am sure one of you guys can give directions as to where they are. I think the best time to meet up is at 8:00 that way we can get a couple dives in.
Directions: There are two entrances, North and South.
Crescent Bay/Seal Rock is the next cove north of Shaw’s Cove. Personally I prefer to park at the south entrance to crescent bay as there is a ramp there to walk down and the bathroom and shower for after the dive are at the base of the ramp. You will have to walk 30-40 yards across the sand to get to the north end, but it's no big deal. This site is at the corner of Cliff drive and Circle Way.

To get to Crescent Bay in Laguna Beach turn right from Broadway onto PCH. When you get to Fairview St. turn left from Pacific Coast Highway. Turn right on Cliff Dr and the Crescent Bay sign is in front of you. Park where you can. If you follow the street as it loops around, this is a one way street you will come to the North entrance which is all stairs. The North beach access is half way around the loop right by the Crescent Bay sign.
http://www.scuba-superstore.com/dive/divelb.htm

Parking is a bear, so allow for that and bring quarters just in case. Also, please be considerate of the local neighbors and try to be quite when gearing up. Laguna Beach requires every diver to have a Snorkle so don't forget yours.

Personally, I would opt for the South entrance with the ramp and restroom/shower over the north entrance stairs.

So Ana, what do you say, meet at the top of the ramp to the restrooms for the South Entrance to Crescent Bay at 08:00 ready to dive?

My mug shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom