Hello From Alaska

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Midge907

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, my name is Jason. I'm 32 and married. I am currently reading the first section of the open water dive certification book. I did a two tank discover dive in Roatan during Christmas, and fell in love. I'm looking forward to joining the dive community, whether I'm diving the warm waters of the Carribean, or the cold waters of Alaska.

I started diving in the Canadian Rockies ...brrr!!!

...and welcome!

you will find whittier different than roatan
But in a good way - Cold water diving is AWESOME! Warm water diving bores me, but cold water keeps me endlessly entertained.

Heading to Whittier here in a little more than a week. Curious to see what that's all about =) Spoiled rotten with our local diving!

-B

But in a good way - Cold water diving is AWESOME! Warm water diving bores me, but cold water keeps me endlessly entertained.

Heading to Whittier here in a little more than a week. Curious to see what that's all about =) Spoiled rotten with our local diving!

-B

Interesting. Just last night I was talking to an old dive buddy in California about the possibility of heading out to Unalaska this summer to dive out there.

Welcome aboard Jason! Wonderful group of divers in Alaska.

Interesting. Just last night I was talking to an old dive buddy in California about the possibility of heading out to Unalaska this summer to dive out there.

Brandon & Co. showed my wife (then gf) and I a wonderful time in Unalaska in summer 2007! Surprisingly we both found that we kept needing more weight as the Bering Sea seemed to have much higher salinity than in Juneau, Seward or Whittier or anywhere else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom