Wife cancelled out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go solo! Stay at a hotel where there will be lots of divers such as Blue Angel, Hotel Cozumel or Villablanca. I have always found divers to be a very friendly group, I am sure you will find people to chum around with. Late April and May are great months to go diving!
Have a great trip.

Are there any groups going to Coz who could use one more? My wife just informed me she just is too busy to go on a trip this April or May. Prefer late april, have to get the cows out to grass before I can leave. Anyway, I am a 58 year old male, AOW, about 100 dives, glad to share a room. Prefer to go with a group instead of just going alone. Jim
If you can stay a full week, use Orbitz code 200entertain to get $200 off of your room & air package. Flights, Villa Blanca private room, breakfast: $593 including taxes and fees.

Can't say I have ever been there by myself but I have been the lone diver in the group a few times. I never had a problem on the boats, everyone has been friendly. I can understand not wanting to be sitting at the bar or dining by yourself but the times I have been temporarily separated from the rest of my group I had no problems finding others to talk to.
I will be there the first week of may (wyndham) with family and friends but hey, if you are in the area let me know, there is always room for more!

Gary

I'd just say go on down and see what develops. I'll be with a mixed (divers and fisherpersons) group staying at Blue Angel May 1-11. Our rooms are full but we're a friendly bunch and most of us are around your age.

But just go; Cozumel is an incredibly easy place to make new friends. It's probably been a while since you've had an adventure - go for it!

I'm with Gordon, 'C'mon down! Getting a seat on a boat is all you need. You'll be making friends by the end of the day and most likely have an invite to dinner with some folks. It's just the way things work down there.

We'll be diving with B.A., (of course), April 23-May 3, unfortunately getting only one day to dive with my buddies the Gunn's this year:shocked2:, but I'll take what I can get.

'T' minus 50 days, to go...but who's counting :D

Don, I went to sidestep.com, put in the Thursday Apr 29, and May 6 for return, just assume Thursdays are least expensive air fare, and went through the thing, but somewhere it gives me 2 people to a room, couldn't figure out how to change it to just one. Flying from Wichita, Continental has best price, one stop in Houston, per person 612 without the discount. Looks like a great deal, now if I can just get it to take one person.

Don, I went to sidestep.com, put in the Thursday Apr 29, and May 6 for return, just assume Thursdays are least expensive air fare, and went through the thing, but somewhere it gives me 2 people to a room, couldn't figure out how to change it to just one. Flying from Wichita, Continental has best price, one stop in Houston, per person 612 without the discount. Looks like a great deal, now if I can just get it to take one person.

Try going to Orbitz directly. I just took a look with the info you listed and - using the 200entertain discount code - got the package price of $589 for Villablanca (standard room) and flying Continental; or $614 for Hotel Cozumel also flying Continental. There are even cheaper options for Suites Colonial or Suites Bahia if you want to stay in town.

Kay's idea is probly simpler, and you can phone Orbitz toll free for help, but I'll try to answer anyway....

At Sidestep.com, click Vacations or use this link Vacations - Compare Hundreds of Travel Sites At Once - SideStep

Fill in airports, date, and change number of people to 1 as in this pic...
166g6dd.jpg

Click Search and at the next page click the word Price to realign them cheapest to expensive as that's how most like to compare...
hwfjix.jpg

Look over the list, watching for Orbitz links only, seeing Villa Blanca for $793, Casa del Mar $817, etc to click one of the Orbitz links.

At the next page in Orbitz, select or change flights from choices but be sure to enter 200entertain in the coupon code box at bottom before going on...
2d8p7w4.jpg

At the next page see your price drop to $628...
2uj5e0y.jpg

But uncheck the ripoff box for Airport shuttle so it drops to $593...
8zfgpl.jpg
It only costs half as much if you buy your van ticket there and take a cab back, and I suspect the other options there are overpriced as well. If you get blown out one day, then decide if you want to rent a car or negotiate a taxi to go do one.

And continue booking from there. Read the terms closely on cancellations and changes, and I like to get my Trip insurance at TravelSafe.com but I don't know how they would view a cattle related problem. I retired from my cowboy days with no broken bones before I started scuba. :cowboy:

Thanks for the help, I can surely figure it out from here. But if not, I'll be back. Jim

Or phone orbitz for help: 1-888-656-4546

Discount coupon 200entertain and no shuttle or other extras, but sidestep gives a good menu.

[QUOTE Prefer late april, have to get the cows out to grass before I can leave. [/QUOTE]

Glad to know I am not the only cow poke on the board. Nothing better than the break between breeding season and cutting hay....

Back
Top Bottom