Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you get down to the Christmas trees?

Did you get down to the Christmas trees?

I went diving at vista point thursday and had to wade thru a ton of debris at the surface from all the run off from the rains. So we just dove below it into the black waters and used our lights until we got past the debris. vis was about 15 feet and we did see three large catfish hanging out. Temp was still 50. We found the "treasure box" again that someone had hidden down there. Of course I brought something with me to add to it this time. It is kind of like a geocache..take something, leave something, or just look inside it. Be careful when you do find it because the silt kicks up really quick and vis will dissapear. Right now it is at about 95 feet. Thanks to who ever hid it down there..makes it a fun adventure to explore

Bill and I dove Vista Point today. The muck layer seemed to worsen as the day went on. Zero viz under it until you swim out from under it. The bad part is getting out after the dive. You end up wearing whatever is on the surface. I was just covered with it after our second dive. I'll have to hose off my first stage before taking it off my tank. This has to be the muckiest cruddiest yuckiest diving conditions I've ever been in. You literally need a power washer to rinse yourself off with. I'm still picking wood chips from my beard. At least I think it's wood chips. As Laura said, vis outside of the debris field is in the 15 - 20 foot range. Temp is a balmy 52 degrees. The lake elevation today is 1695'.

Is there the same debris on the county side of the lake?

Last edited:
Dove Vista point with Steve this morning. I'm wondering if PADI offers a "Muck Diver" speciality of the month course. Just got done scraping the slop off my equipment. Man, what a mess.

On the positive side, the visibility at depth was fair. Also, although we both had lights, you could almost get by without one, even at 90'.

Always a pleasure diving with Steve.

Bill

Why does everyone dive Vista Point if it is so mucky?

Vista usually has the best vis and best place to get depth and the least silt. It is just a gathering area for all the surface debris since we have had so much rain..we hardly ever have rain so the muck is a new thing.
The other side has the debris also but not as much. I dove beismeyer a week ago and it was in several patches floating on top. I may have to carry a gallon of water to pour on me and my gear after the dives to get the wood chips off. LOL

Dove with the Scubateers today at Tec Island. Vis was good-at least 20 feet. On the first dive we over shot the boat on the return. On the second dive we dropped off the wall and when we hit 105-110 we still hadn't reached the bottom. So different from earlier this year in shallow water. The boat diving is so good- Hats off to the Scubateers for such an awesome service. See you next week, Rob.

PD

PS. 54F water; vis 20 feet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom