darn undies.... and boots too

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LioKai

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I haven't worn a dry suit in 10 years, so I sold (gave away) my Posidon neoprene (no laughing) and ordered a custom DUI.

I just got a Polartec PS 300 in the mail with the new custom suit. The undie is way too tight in the shoulders, forearms and calves, but the suit (shell) is perfect. My question is "will the Polartec PS 300 stretch out"? Is this like a pair of blue jeans that will give in the areas of needed give? Or do I send it back? I don't plan on diving in water colder than 58 degrees. (Galapagos in their winter season).

Also, I got the DUI "rock boots", (I wear a size 12 shoe), they are the ones that are separate from the suit. They don't fit to well in the fin pocket. The fins are extra large "Blades", and the pocket is huge. Should I send back the "rock boots" and get the boots that are attached to the suit? And if so, which type of boot do you recomend.

Please help.

Matthew J D'Avella

I am diving with Tj's Software . I have the 200g once piece and love it. Janet custom makes it to your size, so no need to worry about fit. And the price is great.

The rock boots are fine, you might just need to get a bigger fin. I have the DUI rock boots in an 11 and I upgraded to the ScubaPro Twin Jets in XL, my 11 rock boot fits in those no problem.

1. The undies are supposed to be snug, but they should not restrict motion. If they do, get the next size or order a custom size from Janice

2. You're going to need an XXL size for your fins, unless you get the power soles. If you're 100% certain you'll never beach dive, get the power soles. If not, keep the Rock Boots and get different fins.

The TJ custom suit looks like a great alternative. Thank you both.

As for the boots, I think I'll change from the rock boot to the sole.

Hey, it's just money.

Matthew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom