Stay in Dumaguete, Dauin or on Apo Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks @Rhoody,

i have read some of your comments like about the roadhouse bar in angels city. looks interesting. is there any good night life in Dumaguete?

I am planning on going to Subic Bay Freeport Zone, for ocean adventures and zoobic. do you know of some good places up there for nightlife? i am thinking of staying at the Arozonia hotel, but i am not sure just yet...

i just read your latest post, i am traveling solo this trip......

do you have any suggestions?
I am headed to bed now so i will check your answer in the morning, thanks..........

I usually stay in Arizona Hotel when in Subic, don't miss out on the dolphin - dive and spend the rest of the day in Oceanadventure. If you bring a frind to your dive (usually you nee to be there around 9, dive at 10) she also can stay the whole day and will ahve a blast, also tiger-Feeding in Zoobic.

I usually avoid in subic the typical Expat meeting points and do my own thing in the evening. Hanging out in Lips, Voodoo or Wetspot.

For Dumaguete... bring a friend is the only advice I can give !!! specially when familiar with nightlife in Luzon. Duma has some nice watering-holes, a small disco and some live-music joints. Bars like in Luzon are in Duma forbidden by law, streetbirds around but a far cry from other regions in the PI.... most are expired like my wetsuit with 1000 dives ... hehe.

Well. maybe I am just too long here...

most are expired like my wetsuit with 1000 dives ... Hehe.

well. Maybe i am just too long here...

lmfao

Been there,done that.
Dumaguete:nice small town where at least you have a few bars and restaurants to hang around in the evening or when not diving and you can even take the occasional walk.Just half an hour ride by minibus to Apo.

Dauin: crappy diving(i can't be bothered with macro)

Apo Island: just fine but not overly impressed.

thanks again @Rhoody, you are a wealth of information.

I was thinking Dumaguete was like Luzon area, knew there was nothing in Dauin but thought Dumaguete had something. I am very greatful to hear about it now and will work on bring my own with me.... :D
I am not sure what you meant about the "don't miss out on the dolphin - dive" ? I am going to Ocean Adventures for the dolphin and false whale shark encounter, about 5000 pescos i think.

Are there any places/things to see and do worth going to north of Manila?

I will check into Lips, Voodoo or Wetspot as you mentioned.....

how good is the night life in Subic?

Back
Top Bottom