padi exam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's the right one I think it was something to the effect wjhat happens if you run out of air what would you do I'm pretty sure that was the questiion and thanks for all the replkes

No Air Can Be Bad...!

N - Normal ascent
A - Alternate air source from buddy
C - CESA, controlled emergency Assent
B - Buddy breathe
B - Buoyant ascent

Is how I remember it, but then I'd agree it could be confusing because if you were in the position to be able to share your buddy's alternate, then you'd also be in a position to buddy breathe rather than the CESA.

No Air Can Be Bad...!

N - Normal ascent
A - Alternate air source from buddy
C - CESA, controlled emergency Assent
B - Buddy breathe
B - Buoyant ascent

Is how I remember it, but then I'd agree it could be confusing because if you were in the position to be able to share your buddy's alternate, then you'd also be in a position to buddy breathe rather than the CESA.

Buddy breathing is no longer part of the PADI OW class.
Since its not a skill that is taught it is assumed that the average diver doesn't know how to do it, therefore it is less desirable than the CESA.

When I brief this in class I do describe what buddy breathing is, and the procedure. Then ask them if you have an octopus regulator available to you why would you choose to do this? In an attempt to alleviate the confusion between alternate air sharing and buddy breathing.

Really?

The questions were about suiting up and preparing to dive? I totally guessed, I haven't seen a scuba exam in over 20 years.

No it is not about suiting up and preparing to dive.
The question (ant the answer) is :
Arrange the five low-on-air/out-of-air emergency procedures in order of priority of 1
through 5.

5. Buoyant emergency ascent
3. Controlled emergency swimming ascent
1. Normal ascent
4. Buddy breathing ascent
2. Alternate air source ascent
Well saying that, the question should be dismissed as Buddy breathing ascent is not in the Standards anymore.

My personnal choice would be (in real life):

[-]5. Buoyant emergency ascent[/-] Never, you should be properly weighted and be able to perform a CESA in the worst case
4. Controlled emergency swimming ascent
1. Normal ascent
3. Buddy breathing ascent
2. Alternate air source ascent

Hi
I just wanted to stop back and say I passed the test with a 94 and now can't wait to do the pool and for the open water dives I'm going to go to crystal river can't wait any advice for a beginner
Thanks jeffrey

Great job,
Crystal river Fl?
If so after your cert make sure to get over to Devils den or Blue Grotto for some of your first great dives to start your log book!
Brad

Hey
Thanks money I will. They have a video on there web site express sports and I bellieve the one where you can walk right up to the bar is that devils den and thanks again
Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom