Video: 3/14/10 Carmel and Monterey Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello divers! I logged yesterday's dives and realized that it's been nearly a month since my last dive; how time flies!

Thankfully, yesterday put an end to that streak. The surface conditions were looking a bit tough (7-9ft swells) and seas had not laid down in the morning as they were expected to (we sailed through some HUGE rollers down in Carmel). The first site was scrubbed due to current, and we opted for Butterfly House instead. A bit murky, with a whole lotta surge, but beautiful diving. Afterwards, we motored back in the bay for a non-surgy dive at Aumentos - more green, less viz, but much more calm and relaxing :)

[youtubehq]ASCpdUF6PVU[/youtubehq]

Loved the dramatic music! Glad you made it back into the water!

Now I'm really, really looking forward to joining the fun ;-)!!

Last edited:
Great video and accompanying music. The SI was hilarious.

Nicely done, again!

Nice! Though I really must learn not to fall asleep on dive boats! :dork2:

I posted my pictures from the first dive here: Outer Butterfly House

Clinton

Nice shots! The action with bent over sea palms is great.

I'm amazed how much color you're able to capture. It unreal.

Great vid. I really enjoyed watching that. Can't wait to get wet again!

Viz sure looks better on the video than it apparently did to the divers!

Hope we don't have quite so much surge when we are down there in May.

Ken,

It was really nice seeing you at K dock, I haven't seen you for over a year when we first dove the Metridiums.

I saw you filming and knew that was you, left the director alone until I saw you come off the boat and done.

That is when I said hello to Rob and then got a chance to say hi...

While on the SP, I had just got done with two morning dives, we stayed in the bay, Aumentos was first and boy was that surgy, we took no cameras down, to make sure we could handle anything that came our way.

Man was I glad I had full use of my hands, as I fought hard to stay in trim and keep clear of those pinnacles.

Ken did you notice how many fish colonies would approach your HID's? They would come up to me to either investigate or just seek shelter, I don't know?

I haven't dove in low viz like that out on a boat with lots of fish approaching the light, was challenging and fun.

When I saw you, our group was starting an afternoon Open Water class and they asked me who you guys were, you drew in a lot of interest, don't know if you guys know that.

They were super curious about your doubles, and all the extra stage/deco bottles you all seemed to be carrying.

They later were saying to each other, man those guys look intense, I'll have to say I agree.

I've never seen so many DIR divers ever, dude you guys really stand out, and I was super impressed to see you guys just in formation, boy what a treat if I ever saw you guys in the ocean.

Keep those videos streaming, they make scubaboard fun... :)

MG

P.S
Forgot to mention, your music is both riveting and spectacular... Do we need to keep you away from diving to get these spectacular musical scores, when you return? :)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom