New hog spg colors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cerich

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
OK

So a SPG is a SPG right? Well mostly, provided you are getting one that is quality. Obviously HOG (and others) have a proven track record of high quality SPG's for Technical Diving.

You are all familiar with the HOG SPG, no fancy red zone, one hundred PSI increment markings and super easy to read.

Allow me to introduce a new variation and of course why I bothered..

The face is black, the needle and markings are in luminescent. What I have found while diving is my left hand with my light in it reaches down to my spg on my left hip, I then "charge" the luminescence for a couple seconds (24watt HID does a good job), unclip it and bring it up to read. My right hand is busy with my scooter. When I bring it up I read the gauge, then clip it off back to my hip. In light conditions I can read my standard HOG gauge with the white face without even a thought, in cave or other really dark conditions it isn't so fast. The Black face HOG SPG is MUCH easier to read in those conditions, the luminescent needle over the black face and luminescent numbers and hundred psi increment markings makes for a easy and quick read.

Another reason, I think the black looks cool, in fact I even used the same gun metal chrome color as you find on the HOG regs. It just look hot.:D

They cost about $5 more than the standard white face HOG SPG.

Available today from HOG Dealers!

here's a quick and dirty picture, they just arrived on the dock and these two came out and on my desk for a quick photoshoot for scubaboard, the rest I am going to put away after posting this! I will have professional images soon.

hogblackspg.jpg
[/IMG]

I'd be happy to do the same for one in BAR :wink:
I'm not picky, I would "evaluate" one for years for no charge whatsoever, what a deal!
These look great and I imagine they're a little better for preserving night vision too.

I forgot to say that the black face will be available in 2" ad 2.5" , the 1.5" I will only be doing in the traditional white face.

Do you have BAR models also?

not yet, European distribution is in the works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom