First trip to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the weeks you can buy on Ebay can you get longer than a week? I am hoping to head down to Cozumel for 10 days in either June of July and am looking at staying at the palace.

Another question i have for the regulars is how is the weather like in june? I have read on several sources that is rains quite a bit and comming from Canada i am hoping to get some sun.

Thanks so much.

Top dive op recommendations: Most dive ops including these will pick you up at the Palace, you'll have to check idividually with them to see about overnight storage. Also e-mail the Palace or check thier website, and ask see if they have them.

Blue Angel: (our current dive op), fast boats (most should have new motors by now), great, attentive DM's and captains. All experience levels catered to for sure.

Dive with Martin: Long time Coz favorite, we used them for years. again, fast 6-pack boats & very good DM's. I very much enjoy diving with Orlando and David, great personalities as well as good divers.

Bottom time divers: Operated by Raul Plates. Raul is one of my favorite Cozumel DM's, very safety minded and is extreamly good at finding critters. As far as I know he is still just a one-man operation (+captain of course), so personal attention just comes with the package.

Speaking of personal attention, last and certainly not least is BlueXTSea: Christi and crew run a top notched, "boutique" dive operation. If it's pampering you want, this is the way to go for sure. Fast boats & Very highly thought of DM's here on the SB.

Welcome to the family & congrats on the "Nups", personal note, don't just get stuck at the buffett at the Palace, venture downtown and get some of Cozumel's wonderful local flavor.

whoever you choose for a dive op, make sure and let them know of any requests or concerns you have about diving and AGAIN when you get on the boat in the morning, let the DM's know your experience level and what you are comfortable doing...you will be very well taken care of, all these guys and gals are there to make sure you have a good time and usually do an excellent job of it.

All good pointers, Sharky. Though I might point out that the Palace doesn't really have a buffet, at least not for dinner the last 2 times I stayed there. It's all a-la-carte. One of the many reasons why I think it's one of the best AI's I've been to. Alas, your suggestion to try some of Cozumel restaurants is still a valid one. On our last trip, my girlfriend and I tried a seafood restaurant further in town that was recommended to us by David, our divemaster from DWM. I can't remember the name of it right now, but it sure was good, and very reasonably priced.

My wife and I did exactly the same program a couple of years ago. We stayed at the Coz Palace and dove with Blue XT Sea. Both the hotel and the dive op are highly recommended. (Christi, the owner, is very accommodating and is a frequent poster here on ScubaBoard.)

Back
Top Bottom