LDS Scams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
Chrpai,

no matter what I say, you will find fault with it. That's your perogitive. I am not sure how I was "abusive" here. I guess it's OK to call what the shops do a scam, and when somone stands up for them, you call that abusive? Please check the dictionary for the proper meaning and usage. That's really too funny. I like to look at BOTH sides of the coin.

Pete-

So you want it both ways? If anyone hurts the feelings of an LDS were called abusive. Yet if you go around calling divers "cheapwads" your not abusive???????? I have seen repeatedly examples of you and your staff breaking your own rules. I guess its good to be the King heh?

NetDoc:
Hey Chrpai...

don't forget to report my post again. :D
That's so funny I might just do it! :wink:

chrpai:
Pete- Why do you need to be so abusive towards divers? Is Scubaboard for the diving community or is it a front for the diving industry now?

I don't think he is. I tend to defend LDS's also since i feel the good ones usually get a bum rap in here.

That said, i know LDS's that will intentionally underfill your tank. You know, 100 psi underfill times 30 tanks equals one fill saved. That is a scam.

One other point about pressures. Unless you and your LDS are using calibratable digital pressure gages, i would be very surprised if from the fill station p-gage to your SPG, that the gages were within say 5%. Probably more like 10%. 150 to 300 psi differential range in most cases i bet.

I don't see the issue unless the LDS is intentionally underfilling your tank.

NetDoc:
Hey Chrpai...

don't forget to report my post again. :D

So much for your privacy rule. I will report your own posts anytime your behavior is just as bad as the people you ban around here.

chrpai:
I will report your own posts anytime your behavior is just as bad as the people you ban around here.
Reporting your own posts would probably be a good idea Chris. :wink:

cornfed:
Reporting your own posts would probably be a good idea Chris. :wink:

That's what I have you for Drew.

Children

May I suggest you all calm down! I keep getting these messages at work reporting this post or that post. By all means let's have a frank exchange of views but let's also keep the personal heat out of our comments.

regards to you all

Welshman:
Children

May I suggest you all calm down! I keep getting these messages at work reporting this post or that post. By all means let's have a frank exchange of views but let's also keep the personal heat out of our comments.

regards to you all

Hey, he called me a child! I'm insulted! I'm going to report that post!!!! :54:

NetDoc:
So Karl, you have how big of a compressor? And would you share it's cost with us? How many watts does it consume? How many fills of "hyper filtered" air do you get for your filter stack.

http://www.scubaforum.org/cgi-scuba/akcs-www?post=9

Its all laid out right there for 'ya Pete. Computed down to the cf, and including the cost of the compressor with an amazingly-pessimistic set of assumptions.

BTW, the Alkin I own is continuous-duty rated. Unlike the little Bauers and Coltris, it is a low-RPM (900) unit that doesn't overheat if you run it for four or five hours at a time, or even longer. Indeed, it is the only small unit that can be used to fill a bank - which is why I bought it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom