Lake Travis update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Less than 1/2 foot to go before the lake is at full, 681'. Temps are coming up, visibility is improving. We are going to have a great dive season.

Well Robert,

As of today the lake is full at 681'. Let's all hope that the slow steady rise continues.

Zinc, K-valve and I were out today placing a mooring line at Jungle Gym and the lake was .04 inches from full. I could just feel that slow steady rise beneath the boat, by the time I arrived home the lake was full. WOOOHOOOO.

What temp will it likely be in late April? I'm going to be down in San Antonio for work, and thought I take a jaunt up to Travis for a quick dive...

Last year the surface temps were in the high 60's towards the end of April.

Any indication they might be a little warmer this year? I don't want to have to haul anything heavier than a 3mm down from VA...

Any indication they might be a little warmer this year? I don't want to have to haul anything heavier than a 3mm down from VA...

No way to know for sure. You can always rent a thicker suit locally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom