whale sharks ON AQUA CAT CRUISES?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going on the aqua cat live aboard next year first week in march. They claim that there is a chance of seeing whales and whale sharks in the winter months. I was wondering if anyone has had an encounter with ether species in Bahamas and what time of year? We will be in the Exuma cays for a week Feb 28 2011. I know its a year away but I would like to a little research on the chance of an encounter. I would appreciate any input. My first time to Bahamas. I have done shark dives before but I have heard great things about the area.

About 10 years ago we had whale sharks on 11 of 13 trips from February to May, unfortunately I was on one of the 2 that didn't see them. That was unusual though, most years they are only seen once or twice. Pilot whales are resident in Exumas Sound and we see them 5 or 6 times a year. During late winter we have had other whales including sperm & humpback swim along the walls including one that breached 100' from the boat during a wall dive. I wouldn't say your odds are good though that you will see one.

Bruce

TY for the input. Cant wait to get there. Ive read great things about the area. Would like to see some pictures if anyone has some to put up. I couldn't find any listed under Bahamas or exumas.

Back
Top Bottom