Bought a Nitek duo , pissed off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeff, there's a puddle of water in that thing after every dive.
someone should make that right. can you pull some strings and get it fixed?

Have ryan call in and talk to mike to get an ra# and request that I look at it.

jeff, there's a puddle of water in that thing after every dive.
someone should make that right. can you pull some strings and get it fixed?

Thats terrible. IT Should be the easiest thing in the world to make a canister waterproof. Do you know which parts they have replaced?

Thats terrible. IT Should be the easiest thing in the world to make a canister waterproof. Do you know which parts they have replaced?

nah no idea.
a friend who works at halcyon tells me a machining error could cause something like this. i would assume the o-rings have been replaced.

My computer blew out of my boat last week and was in a hurry to replace it . I need to retrieve some fishing gear underwater . Duo came today and read user guide and operated it functions . What is with this time function , you can not turn it off ? I do not want a watch . The backlight will stay on for only 5 seconds . Why don't they skip the watch and have the backlight stay on function . Low viz , night , give me a break . Those buttons look like they will pop off as soon as I bang it against a rock . The real pisser is you can't plan a deco dive . Does it change tables if you use two gases ? I may be overreacting or did I miss something . Aladdin Pro may have been old , but it could least show deco tables and bang it around .

...blew off the boat ? My wrist mounted computers are either ON my wrist, or immediately clipped off a harness D-ring....never, ever, never put it down ANYWHERE for any reason at any time! Although I've never lost a computer, the look on a fellow diver's face as they wave 'bye-bye!" to their $ 2000 wrist/AI computer as they watch it sink to Neptune's dive locker is priceless!

I'm not sure if this is a bash DR or praise Halcyon thread now. It does however seem as if the marketing aspect of really expensive gear works on male divers as well as teenage female mall shoppers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom