Lake Michigan diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would love to be able to dive the wrecks . I have been told its a great trip. Do you use a private boat or do you charter ?

We use a charter. They all are good, just have different focuses.

Also, if you are looking for people to dive with, check out the club Urge to Submerge. They have active divers, of all ages and skill levels. Diving and non-diving activities. Check them out at http://www.urgetosubmerge.com/

Last edited:
Ghost Ships is a really neat event. Lots of different vendors, clubs, activities and just a lot to see and learn about diving and the Great Lakes in general.

Hi again guys!
.....and you thought you got rid of me so easily *wink* LOL.

Hope the Urge to Submerge xmas party was a blast. Our household has been busy between the kids and a new job for me, so we've been laying a little low. Am looking forward to hearing about it!

Mstrdvr: Randy this is a great group of folks and if you really want to dive the lakes there are plenty of folks that will go with you. Besides....you owe me a dive, remember!? Give us a call once the ice leaves the lake and we'll set something up. :)

C

Glad to hear from you, I keep getting message failed on your address, knew you started a new job. Hope it is going well. Party was a good time!

Hi Laura 2, I looked up your club and I'll try to make a meeting if not I will see you at your booth at Gostships.

Great Ice dive, it was good to see so many divers out it looked like fun I was not to shure about the wet suit but its like Daryl said if its a good wet or semi dry they work well, maybe next year I'll try it. Did your club plan any dives for the next couple of months.

We do have some dives in the next few months. We will be diving in Cedar Lake, Lake Geneva, and Lake Michigan starting in mid April!

We do have some dives in the next few months. We will be diving in Cedar Lake, Lake Geneva, and Lake Michigan starting in mid April!

What are the conditions (viz, depth) in Cedar and Geneva? Is there anything to see in them? I have been looking for more dive spots in the area.

Are there any other nice places to dive in the NE Illinois area (besides Lake Michigan)?

The depth in Cedar Lake ranges from 5 to over 100 feet. Viz is dependent on the day and weather. Lake Geneva viz is pretty good for an inland lake and it's depth ranges also to over 100 feet. They are both pretty good dives for inland lakes!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom