Your favourite specialty courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe Nitrox and drysuit are the 2 specialities you'd be required to have if you want to dive nitrox or rent a drysuit. So eventually, they'd become a must have.
Basic wreck is also the one most agency would require to go to the next level.

Beyond these 3, all others seem to be a matter of choices and preferences.

If you have any interest in moving on to Dive Master, look at what specialties are required for that as a guide.

Off the top of my head, PADI requires as a pre-requisite Night and Limited Vis, Deep and Navigation.

I did AOW when the night dive was still mandatory and found the course very useful. I think it was where my fondness for night diving started. I also liked the Drysuit Specialty - although most of my dives have not been in a drysuit.

I do strongly think that the Rescue Course is probably the best dive-related investment you can make. Enjoy the course and hope you get a lot out of it.

Tech :)

Great Question and one that after 15 years and over 1000 dives i recently re-took a Peak Buoyancy Course but this time from a great instructor. I was good before...now incredibly much better. I love to teach the Peak Performance Buoyancy Course and now do about 5-6 per month.

Rescue Diver was by far the best.

Really, all the rest were ones that could be taught without the cards. Having a great instructor that dives with you and works on your skills with you is the greatest!

DrDaddy

Hi everyone

I'm doing my Rescue Diver course shortly, and also want to do some specialties. What's the best specialty course you've done? I know favourite courses will depend on each individual's interests, but my problem is I want to do them all but need to prioritise because of cost/time. Love to hear your thoughts!

All the best
M :coffee:

GUE Fundies

Under Water Criminal Investigator (UCI)

What Randy 43068 said . . . :)

Wreck, DPV I loved, but that is probably from the ability to hoon around underwater.

Some specialities are great to do to help the overall enjoyment of your diving eg buoyancy, navigation. Then for safety there is rescue, first aid etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom