Is coming across a dead diver, that uncommon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not normally no. People do die in caves (not as much as people make us believe), but their bodies are usually recovered within hours.

Not normally no. People do die in caves (not as much as people make us believe), but their bodies are usually recovered within hours.

Oh I dunno. Everytime I go cave diving I see someone that's just bound to die. Especially all those damn rebreather guys. :sigh:

Oh I dunno. Everytime I go cave diving I see someone that's just bound to die. Especially all those damn rebreather guys. :sigh:

We all are bound to die....hopefully doing something we love intensely.:D

Shoot2, not on your topic but
I like the quote below!

The saddest sight in the world is a dog bowl that has outlived its dog

He is your friend,your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader

I like that quote too... really spot on!

LiteHedded:
caves are just lousy with dead bodies! we dress them up like scarecrows

The best yet...

I'm calling Leon up right now and suggesting he take that Meg back from you! :)

Thanks but no thanks. I'm a chicken and have no desire to die doing most of the things I love, including diving. :chicken:

Shoot2, not on your topic but
I like the quote below!

The saddest sight in the world is a dog bowl that has outlived its dog

He is your friend,your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader
I have been looking at an empty fish tank for the last couple days and I can relate.

Bob ate anything I ever tried to put in with him, including his original room mate Gill. It was clearly "his" tank and over the 6 years I owned him, I got kind of attached. It's not as bad as losing my dog after 15 years, but there are some similarities.

When I get back from FL and MS in a few weeks, I'm going to have to restock it.

But back on topic... how do the rest of you tie off bodies so they don't drift around the cave? I'm not sure I have been doing it correctly. Why is this not covered at the Full Cave level? Will PADI be coming out with a specialty course?

I thought that's why my cave instructor made me carry an extra safety reel...tie those dead bodies off to the side so they don't interfere with the gold line...

I don't believe that. In 62 years, I have never died, so I don't think it will ever happen!

Anyway, I have seen lots of bodies while diving, in caves and elsewhere... but they were all alive. Let's hope they stay that way!

I clip them to my buddies unbeknownst to them. Its like a game... and its really funny to see them struggle with a gaggle of dead bodies strung up behind them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom