Help with new suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-junky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Jerry,

I reciently ordered a Techniflex suit and thought it was ordered with the hard sole boots, but instead it came with the soft sole boots. The legs of the suit seem to be cut a bit long and the soft sole boots tend to want to fall off my feet. They are really soft and I don't think they will hold up very well scrambling over rocks and such. I've had one of my fins fall off twice and now to keep them on I am forced to tighten my fin straps way too tight. I'm going to need to get them replaced but am not sure what to replace them with. I'm torn between the hard sole boots or going with a neoprene sock and try a pair of rock boots over the sock. I ware size 12 EEEE shoes. SUGGESTIONS?

I also need the neck seal reaplaced. The neck seal has never been trimmed and is too big so it leaks. I also I ordered it with 2 pockets which weren't installed.

I love the suit, I just need to get a few minor details worked out and I'll be a happy camper.

I'll be taking my suit back to the dealer this afternoon and am hoping the turn around time will be pretty short. I leave for Alaska in 4 weeks.

Norm

Have your dealer give me a call tomorrow and we will get it taken care of. Personally, we use a rock boot type system, but I prefer the attached hardsole boot. Less crap to deal with. I will say that we are EXTREMELY busy right now, but if you get the suit in ASAP, I'll see what I can do.

Glad business is good Jerry! You guys make a great suit. What do you attribute the recent demand to?

gary

Thanks Jerry. Paul at Scuba Sciences sent the suit back up to you and called the other day. Glad to hear your busy and I hope its a sign that things are on the rebound for all of us.

I was going to do the rock boots, but wanted nice strong neoprene socks. I was told your putting thin rubber socks similar to the material the seals are made of on the suits. Unless its really tough stuff, I am afraid I'll put a hole in them by accident. I love the idea of rock boots though.

I'd like to hear more on socks vs built on shoes. I had the soft sole boots but they don't provide any support crawling across rocks and they kept falling off my feet. The hard sole boots have that high heal which is an ankle twister. Too bad there isn't a nice boot that provides support and is flat on the bottom.

What's your best seller and what are the majority of people happy with?

The biggest problem with Neoprene sox for us has been finding a quality suppliers that makes a decent sock. We've tried so many, but haven't had any luck. They stay dry for awhile, but we hate replacing them. Our Hardsole rubber boot is by far our most popular.

Great. Thanks Jerry. Like I mentioned, I had lots of problems with the soft sole. I asked Paul to send it back up and it should have arrived last week. Here's a highlight of what was needed.

Neck Seal was too big and leaked. I'm not sure what happend here as Paul got the measurment correct the first time. It seemed good in the shop, but then when I dove it, it seamed to have stretched out a bit and leaked every time.

Changing out soft sole boots for hard sole. Do any of your HARD sole boots have FLAT bottoms? Paul made it sound like you folks had a new hard sole boot you were going to try out.

Place 2 pockets on the suit.

I think that was it.... Can't wait to get it back. Heading up to Alaska on a diving trip in a few more weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom