March in Cozumel 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Steve! You're too sweet!
It was an outstanding trip!
My bag had a wonderful time in Cancun and met me at baggage claim in Atlanta. Really!
My gills are dry. Whaddya say we go diving again?!?

What guy's BC? Missed that, I guess...

Thanks Steve! You're too sweet!
It was an outstanding trip!
My bag had a wonderful time in Cancun and met me at baggage claim in Atlanta. Really!
My gills are dry. Whaddya say we go diving again?!?

What guy's BC? Missed that, I guess...

Yes, the BC that just drifted into the depths at Barracuda....and most likely will never be seen again. We had a diver getting into the boat that neglected to put air into his BC at the surface. He had taken his fins and BC off and pretty much just watched it go down....without trying to swim a couple of feet to grab it or saying a word to anyone until it was down & out of site...very strange reaction in the opinion of many. I was on the boat watching and with his reaction I assumed someone had grabbed it underwater since there were a couple of divers and DM still down.

Last edited:
How very, very strange! Thanks for the update. Was he done diving?
I'm just sitting here shaking my head...

Just wanted to thank you everyone for the thanks and say it was great meeting everyone at La Choza's and Wet Wendys. Had never been to Wendys before but now I know why everyone raves about the ritas there.

Anyway, was lucky enough to dive with Texas Torpedo (David), NorthParkOBGYN (Todd) & wife Teresa, susan6868 (Susan) & son John, joey1656 (Joey) and Lenmonster (Len). Really enjoyed diving with all you guys and wish we could have shared a dive or two with more of you.

Three of the highlights of my trip:
1. Watching my wife do her underwater happy dance upon finding a splendid toadfish.
2. Seeing the eagle ray squadron at Cantarell.
3. Seeing the biggest grin ever sported by someone underwater with a reg in their mouth courtesy of David. :D The Texas Torpedo truly enjoys his diving.

I'll try to post a trip report and some pics over the weekend. Can't hardly wait until next time!

Today's dives were incredible. Columbia Wall and San Francisco...both full of amazing swim-throughs. Lots of close encounters with turtles, and saw lots of rays. Great, great stuff. On the second dive, Pablo speared another lion fish. And when he was putting the fish in the jar, unfortunately, it speared him! A fantastic week. Great to meet BTravelin and Heather, and enjoyed all my dives with Joey.

Agreed, BT!
It was a great group at La Choza. Sorry I couldn't make WW!

My big thrills:
Diving with Aristeo (aka Jack Sparrow)
Eating lionfish (yum!!)
Diving with a school of 15 eagle rays together
Diving the east side
Rescuing the fishermen and their broken boat
Hanging out with Prop Joe, TV Mark, Tim, and of course Maria
Spending time with folks in Cozumel I love
Having Aristeo signal, after killing yet another lionfish, that he was going to eat it. (and getting it on video!)

Big thrill since getting home: Aristeo has been getting Mr. Sanchos to grill the lionfish he kills on first dives and sharing them with all takers! I don't know if he even knows how much I want lionfish to become a regular occupant of Cozumel's plates.
No better way to wipe out a fish population than to get people to start eating them!

Today's dives were incredible. Columbia Wall and San Francisco...both full of amazing swim-throughs. Lots of close encounters with turtles, and saw lots of rays. Great, great stuff. On the second dive, Pablo speared another lion fish. And when he was putting the fish in the jar, unfortunately, it speared him! A fantastic week. Great to meet BTravelin and Heather, and enjoyed all my dives with Joey.

Wow, sorry to hear about Pedro's mishap with the lionfish. Hope it's not too serious.

He's on the mend. Had to soak the hand in hot hot water for a while and then the doc gave him something. We were finishing up my son's written when he was on the phone with the doc. Pedro is made of tough stuff. I'm sure I'd be moaning and crying the whole time, and fortunately it happened on the boat and not in the water. I was telling him that this is the "lion fish hero" that got him back for the 60 he speared. Oh, and great meeting Susan and her son on the first day, too! Today was our last dive day, and the weather was perfect. Tomorrow we are going over to the mainland for one day, and then that is it. Saturday we fly out. Hope everyone enjoys their upcoming trips, and Joey...I want to see some pics! :)

Glad to hear that. I've dove with a lot of DM's over the last four years and he is far and away the best I've had the privilege to dive with.

How'd your son do?

Glad he's going to be OK. Scary stuff!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom