Question about dive log format for DM course.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My instructor took a cursory look at my logbook. Like others, I had take classes from this shop before DM. I think they felt that I had sufficient diving experience. While I hadn't been around the world like many of my instructors, I had experience in dark, dreary quarries, Florida springs, and the Atlantic Ocean, wet and dry, day, night, and limited vis. I demonstrated leadership and skills during the course that made her comfortable enough that checking my logbook was a formality. YMMV.

Bri

To the OP:

Yes, I would accept that.

:cheers:

It would be great if PADI would standardize on what they require. I've heard different things from different instructors/staff instructors/CDs.

It would be great if PADI would standardize on what they require. I've heard different things from different instructors/staff instructors/CDs.

That log is nicer than MANY of the ones I've seen

Heck, that log is way nicer than my own.:blush:

That log is nicer than MANY of the ones I've seen

Heck, that log is way nicer than my own.:blush:

I'm referring to whether your log book must be countersigned by a buddy or not. I get conflicting information regarding whether it's required or not to satisfy the logged dives requirement for IDC and IE.

My instructor accepted a printout of my computer logbook. It was a 2-page listing of all my 100+ dives, not the individual pages as shown on the link. Those, btw, appear to be the same as my Aeris software is capable of. My LDS & instructor are very environmentally conscious and wound never want me to waste a couple hundred sheets of paper!

I'm going on the instructor. I hope I never need buddy signatures for all my dives, but on the majority of them my wife was my buddy and I guess I could always get her to vouch for me!

My instructor accepted a printout of my computer logbook. It was a 2-page listing of all my 100+ dives, not the individual pages as shown on the link. Those, btw, appear to be the same as my Aeris software is capable of. My LDS & instructor are very environmentally conscious and wound never want me to waste a couple hundred sheets of paper!

I'm going on the instructor. I hope I never need buddy signatures for all my dives, but on the majority of them my wife was my buddy and I guess I could always get her to vouch for me!

Perhaps you won't need them. I'm just passing along what one of the CDs I'm considering has communicated to me via email. It seems like a silly requirement to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom