Coltri Sub cylinder WARNING!!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just spoke to a KNOWLDGEABLE source who explained that all Coltri cylinders they sell in the US are Catalina's, not Luxfer's, with a 3/4x14 thread.

Oh, okay, yeah, a copy and paste error would explain the valve issue as well,...... thats definately a basic Finesso valve fitted to the cylinder in the pic. and its a model with no burst disc adaption, and from my dealings with Finesso I know its generally only made in 25x2 thread.

Oh, well, that blew my conspiracy theory right out the water.!:wink:

He said they were standard Luxfer AL80s. He was quite confident these were reglular Luxfer tanks, legal in the US with DOT stamps, with standard valves, and the issue from the Ebay ad was caused when the "internet girl" was a little over zealous copying and pasting information from Coltri's website.

the specs list a 25x2 valve thread. These threads are close to the US standard of 3/4x14. If a 3/4x14 thread is used on these cylinders the valve can be ejected from the cylinder under pressure.

While M25X2 valves can fit in a 3/4x14 tank 3/4x14 valves can not fit in M25x2 tanks.

I just spoke to a KNOWLDGEABLE source who explained that all Coltri cylinders they sell in the US are Catalina's, not Luxfer's, with a 3/4x14 thread.

Not to be controversial, but what the heck are we saying here? Coltri is the exclusive distributor for KCR, and they are not Luxfer or Catalina brands, they are KCR!

We've got a warehouse full of them here, so if you'd like to buy a couple at the fantastic price of $149 each, you can do your own comparison at home! And our shipping is around $20 per tank, so you do pretty well with this offer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom