Looking for Vandenburg recommendations-trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Road Guy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, All

Were doing a week in Tavernier in May (diving several days with Conch Republic Divers)

We want to go down and dive the Vandenburg, anyone have any recommendations?

We were in the Key's last year when they sunk the vandenburg, hopefully its worth the extra drive..

I dove with the Keys Scuba Shack when I was down in Feb. Low key, laid back op. Did a double dip on the Vandy. No stress and no rush. I would dive with them again.

I did a double deep on the Vandy with Subtropic last October had a great time! I'm told they are also the cheapest price for that trip as well!

Home | Subtropic

Give them a yell.

Hello, All

Were doing a week in Tavernier in May (diving several days with Conch Republic Divers)

We want to go down and dive the Vandenburg, anyone have any recommendations?

We were in the Key's last year when they sunk the vandenburg, hopefully its worth the extra drive..

Lost key reef:D

Did a double dip on the Vandy with Captin's Corner about 4 weeks after they sunk it last summer. They were slow getting out of the dock, which meant we had to wait for a mooring ball at the site. Beside that, which wasn't a big deal, we had a great trip with them. They are very hands off and allow you to do your own thing, which I liked.

thanks all!

counting down the days until we get to blow bubbles..

+3 for Keys Scuba Shack! My son and I dove with Mike in February 2010 as we did a Vandenberg double dip. It was an unusually calm and warm winter day and yet we were the only customers on the boat and they still went out. This was my first time with them and it was the cheapest Key West charter costs (and cheapest Key West nitrox fills) as well as the closest charter boat ride to the Vandy. Mike was also able to wrestle up a couple of steel 100's with EAN-30 for my son to use. We had a wonderful day and I look forward to diving with them again in June.

...or come dive with us! We've just lowered our prices, cuz we know everyone's trying to save money these days. Starting immediately, new prices for 2-tank dive trips are:
$60- Trip only
$80- Trip with tanks and weights
$100- Trip with full gear rental, including wetsuit

$10 per tank- Nitrox (32%)

We double-dip the Vandenberg every morning, check in at 8am, return around 1pm.
:)
Jesse- Subtropic Dive Center

I dove with Subtropic when they first sank the Vandenberg. Had a very good time, and they let us use our doubles. We will be going down again soon, I will use Subtropic again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom