Harness or No Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I neither fin constantly or struggle to stay upright when wearing a BP with wings. With a steel tank and keel weight, I actually find it quite balanced. The only ones I have seen who were falling on their face were GROSSLY overweighted and needed a full bladder to stay afloat. I spend hours and hours bobbing around and it has never been an issue. When we discussed them the main issue was the 'floating an unconscious person face down' thing but as we are always in ffm and forbid our divers to remove their mask while in the water it is a non-issue.

I wouldn't use 'em if we were a team using mask and reg.

Aalllllrighty then! I'm coming out there the end of June. Lets go for a dive!:cool2:

Seriously! I was hoping to hook up with you anyway. jun 25 or 26 works best...

I would have to agree with ditch-diver on this one. I dive with a BP/W with steel and have no problem. I do see divers over weighted at time that do. Training is the key. Train with what you dive with and train alot. Our team made it's own harness from rope. 11' loop crossed in the back with a larger carabiner on front. Works very well for us and the carabiner is the most expensive part of the rig. With an all volunteer PSD and limited funds you have to cut cost everywhere you can and at the sametime stay safe.

Every diver on my team is fitted and issued his/her own harness complete with cutting tools. We start everyone out with them so they can get used to them.
The guys like to bust my stones but I even wear one (untethered of course) when I am rec diving just so I dive with pretty much the same equipment all the time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom