How is YOUR diving etiquette?.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! That was more of a lecture than a blog post. Still, I agree with Stacy on about all of her points. If everyone followed her rules dive trips would go a lot more smoothly. The stories wouldn't be nearly as good though!

I thought that the article was interesting but had very little to do with diving.

An article about diving etiquette should have included many other important items such as:

-Don't wash your mask in the camera tank
-If you're sea-sick, vomit overboard, not on your fellow divers
-Don't wash your face in the camera tank
-Don't set up your regulator on someone else's Nitrox cylinder
-Don't rinse your BC in the camera tank
-Stand out of the way when divers in full gear need to get by
-Don't spit in the camera tank
-When you park at a popular dive spot, don't block the entrance
-Don't wash your hair in the camera tank

... and ...

Don't rinse your wetsuit in the camera tank! (yes, I've seen it done) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I thought that the article was interesting but had very little to do with diving.

An article about diving etiquette should have included many other important items such as:

-Don't wash your mask in the camera tank
-If you're sea-sick, vomit overboard, not on your fellow divers
-Don't wash your face in the camera tank
-Don't set up your regulator on someone else's Nitrox cylinder
-Don't rinse your BC in the camera tank
-Stand out of the way when divers in full gear need to get by
-Don't spit in the camera tank
-When you park at a popular dive spot, don't block the entrance
-Don't wash your hair in the camera tank

Ok, I'm seeing a camera tank theme here...thankfully we can still wash our underarms in the camera tank...

As a side note, all I could think of was that you had a camera tank...wow..don't usually get one.

Reader's Digest version:

Be on time; be prepared for what you're about to do; don't leave your crap laying around where people will trip on it; I don't like it when you say "flippers"; don't spray chemicals in my eyes; let me know if I've got snot on my face; don't be a jacka$$; don't be a jacka$$; don't be a jacka$$; don't be a jacka$$; don't be a spazz; stay with the group; wait your turn; don't overestimate your abilities; wait your turn; don't be a jacka$$; don't be an ugly American; and, finally, don't be a jacka$$.

With the exception of the flippers comment, and possibly the "chemicals in the eyes" one, I think my kindergartner son is learning this stuff right now...

I got it already... Stop yelling at me.

Why be discrete? All divers know they are likely to have a messy face after a dive, I just tell you that you have brains on your face. I don't care who hears me. As the old saying goes, "You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose."

I just tell 'em they're "smuggling a nudibranch" ... and if they're someone I consider a friend, I might take a picture of 'em with their pet nudi ...

Down here we call 'em "Diver's Pearls"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom