Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A Porsche 911. White.

Not a real one but a die cast one. Kept it anyway. Thought I would tell folks how I went to Maui and brought back a Porsche.

I once found the head of a pilot, my buddie once found an complete human who had been under a bridge at 85 ft for 3 months. Needless to say he was no longer breathing.
ZDD

Is that supposed to be funny? :shakehead:

I once found the head of a pilot, my buddie once found an complete human who had been under a bridge at 85 ft for 3 months. Needless to say he was no longer breathing.
ZDD

seriously if this is a joke .....not cool man

As a matter of fact I just read about a woman and her 2 daughters that were found by divers on Alligator allie in a submerged van. They have been in the water since 1999. It appears she may have mistaken a boat ramp for an hiway off ramp.

The piot's head that I found was from an F-18 Hornet that crashed in 1988, I was working recovery. My buddies story is a little funny, He found this jumper while on a bottle dive in the Halifax Harbour so he tied his pelican float to his leg. (if you ever do come across a dead person underwater it is recommend that you mark the sight with a float and do not disturb the area)
Anyway back to my story, so he sends his float to the surface and when his tender sees the float he thinks that it is a good find and starts hauling up on the line. Now this guy has been in the water for 3 months and the line on a pelican float is small so it pulls the leg right off him.
So now Gilles has to go back down with the leg and mark the body with a larger float and line. They make the call to the RCMP and the next day the RCMP Dive team and Gilles show up to do the recovery and guess what, some one stole the float. Eventually they found the body again and brought him up.
So it just goes to show that you never know what you may find when you go diving.
ZDD

Thats some freaky Sh*% I dont know wat Ill do if I should find a body a adult is still ok on of my buddies is a recovery diver for the popo so he had to pull out a 7 year old after drowning in a flood due to the strong water he cot swept into the range river that has 0 viz litraly if you grab your goggles and stick your head in the dring its black they searced for almost 4 and a half monthes to find him

Not actually during a dive, but the other day I found a wedding ring on the beach where we were gearing up. Turned out that someone in our group lost it on that beach there a few months earlier. What are the odds.

It's always sad to hear about the kids. The #1 rule to body recovery is the recoveror should never become the recoverie.
Anyway, on a lighter note there was a train bridge that was built by the Inter-Colonial Railway in the 1800s that crossed the Narrows of Halifax Harbour. In 1890 it was baddly damaged and then repaired. Then in 1895 it was destroyed in a bad storm and never rebuilt. The Railway company sod out in the ealy 1900s and faded into history. Ths railway crossing now is a fantastic dive site although it can be a little tricky with the current that can run through the Narrows. There is lots of the old crib works that held the bridge to the bottom as well as rails and other parts of the bridge. One day my buddie and I found 4 rail way locks and 2 lantern globs with the company initials imbossed on them. These are probably the only to globes from this company left on the planet. One of my buddies locks has the ICR initials on it as well.
Now that was a good day diving.
ZDD

Attachments

• IMG00138.jpg
    IMG00138.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 481

Back
Top Bottom