D9 Battery change "How To"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks a lot for this Brett. As I bought a Pana for it a while ago, I'll have crack with this. If no good, I'll be right out for a Sony or Varta. I'll let you know how I get on to help others. I'm off to Newfoundland in June, so I'll need to change it soon as the chilly water will probably finish the old one off! Cheers and keep up the good work.

Brett
Thanks for info on D9 battery replacement,I live in Mallorca and was quoted 65 euros and postage and 3 weeks delivery ,It was so simple to change myself
ALAN

Brinh123,

I'm still struggling with the o-ring, no hard and fast spec on that yet. I hear there are battery kits every now and then on ebay that include the ring, but from what I hear, you get a ring but all you know is that it fits, not what size it is.

There are conical devices for sizing o-rings. If one had one of those, and places that sell o-rings sell and have them, all one needs is a micrometer and one would have the size.

If anyone sees a kit on e-bay, I'll buy one and get the info and post it to the list. You'll have to respond to this thread to let me know, though.

Dale

Great Job!!
I used the reference to replace my D9 battery. I had to get two batteries to get the battery ok light to work. The first battery even though new, was weak!

Cheers,
Gary

I just ordered the batter change kit from eBay. I'll measure the o-ring and post what I find.

Can confirm that Maxell (as well as Toshiba, Sony) batteries fit - forget using a Panasonic tho they don't!

I must be doing something wrong, the back of the computer won't twist off with the tool. I am twisting counter-clockwise, right? From videos I've seen this is supposed to come off easily, but I've pried on mine with a vice and still nothing.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom