Playa Del Carmen recommendations for June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeerCreekers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, my husband and I are going to Playa Del Carmen in mid June. We stayed there in 2008 and did the whale shark and centote dive experience as well as a couple of the ocean dives then and had an awesome time. We are staying at the Paraiso Azul Hotel Case De Gopala (tiny but beautiful little hotel we stayed at last time that is in walking distance to everything!) Looking for some recommendations of how best to spend our two days there before we move on to Xcaret. Does anyone know of any good shark dives at that time of the year (not whale shark) or any other 'shouldn't miss' things to do top side?
Be safe,
Tracy

Hi There is loads to do in the yucatan and sounds like you had an amazing trip doing a lot of cool things. There are mayan ruins (lots) nice towns such as Valladolid. Now if your talking diving sounds like you covered a lot but there are more sites and cenotes. I dont know what cenote you did last time but i can highly recomend Chac Mool and Angelita which you can see either a halocline (the transition from fresh to salt water) or a hydrogen sulfate cloud.....which appears as a greenish cloud really a unique dive. You maybe able to do one day cenote and another day wreck. There is a wreck near playa in Porto Morelos that is amazing and is visted regulary by spotted eagle rays. Type in Porto Morelos ship wreck in google or watch a vid on youtube.
Unfortunately the bull shark dives are only in the winter.

I hope this helps and you have an amazing trip.
If you decided to dive please give Scuba 10 a look we are on SCUBA 1O On the 10th ave in Playa only half a block from Coco Bongo. Contact us 803 0573 or diveplayainfo@yahoo.com

Funny how an invite peaks one's interest, isnt it robertarak? Glad you decided to come. Bring the red jacket

I was just trying to be nice and get your post some love. It has nothing to do with the fact that I have been ingesting everything I can on cenotes and Playa Del Carmen with an almost manic obsession since my induction into the secret Red Coat Society.

I know this, being the seasoned Scubaboarder that I am, however I am not the op. My guess is the op has all the info they need to make informed decsions.

Thanx for taking the time to post. I am sure the op will consider this next time they post in re: Mexico.

Tracy - After three times diving in the cenotes I'm to the point where I'd almost prefer to spend my time in them v the ocean! If it were me I'd be spending as much time in them as possible.

I was just trying to be nice and get your post some love. It has nothing to do with the fact that I have been ingesting everything I can on cenotes and Playa Del Carmen with an almost manic obsession since my induction into the secret Red Coat Society.

Great-now its not a secret.

Back
Top Bottom