Hello all!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkgosnell

New
Reaction score
I am a new member. I stumbled onto the site while looking for information regarding underwater cameras. I also hope to someday be certified in Scuba, but up to now, I have not found a dive master willing to let me take the course. I have some nerve damage in my legs and an infusion pump was inserted into my abdomen years ago to control the nerve pain. The pump is rated down to 66 feet, but the dive masters I have seen so far will not touch me. Finally, one suggested that I contact a dive doctor and see if he would sign off on a waiver of some kind. We shall see.

In the meantime, I have enjoyed reading through various parts of ScubaBoard.

My wife and I are both avid snorkelers. She is also Scuba certified.

welcome aboard!!!!!
great site to "dive"in!!!!!!
lots of info and advice
great to have a wife to enjoy the sea with regardless of diving!!!!!!
best wishes
have fun
Yaeg

Welcome. I love taking underwater photos! We started off taking pics while snorkeling.

If your doctor signs off and you sign the waivers, most instructors should be fine with teaching you. I would stress that though the max depth of your pump is 66 feet, stay well above that to avoid any mishaps. Best not to temp fate or the strength of the equipment.

Enjoy taking pics, I love it myself.

Hi There,

Welcome aboard!! Yup never give up! Good heart & spirit is the best medicine. I have no doubt on that.

During your recovery process, why don't you visit great places that have wonderful snorkeling sites as well?

Have a wonderful week end!!

Back
Top Bottom