Area Gulf Water Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove Sat and Sun. Sat at the Army Tanks Viz was 50+ Temp was 69 on top, 64 bottom. @ RJ Thompson viz was 50+ but colder..61 on bottom. Sun we were 30 and 40 miles west of Honeymoon island. Vis was top to bottom in 75' with a wicked thermalcline at about 45'...59 underneath. Lots of snapper, a several nice grouper, and one big AJ. Good weekend!

Sat. took 10 divers to ledge 63 ft off Clw. Vis about 20 ft and temp 63. Flat seas. Sunday hit vet barge. See barges from surface. About 20 feet vis on bottom. Had 64 on bottom. Flat seas in A.M. then some chop on way in. Went West from there to Big ledge in 60 feet. Vis about 25-30 there. Photo's posted on web site soon. Capt. Mike

25487_397823373672_724878672_4005676_1086434_n.jpg

Tuesday the 20th - Dove Tug Orange and the rubble piles at Pinellas South Reef #1. West wind @ 5mph, seas calm, visibility 45 - 55ft. Surface temp was 74deg temp at depth was 66deg.

Trolled for Kings on Wednesday. A sea breeze appeared early in the day and was strong at 10 - 12mph. seas 1-2ft by 11am.

Temp was 61 degrees at 55' offshore Bradenton yesterday. Thermocline was at 30'. Vis ranged between 20' to 30' at the different locations. Lots of NICE grouper got a free boat ride back to the dock!

Doing OW Pool work and 1st dive on Indian Rocks Beach with student at artificial reef. Perfect conditions. 72 bottom and 74 surface. Lots of fish, Lots of pretty things.

Today in 40' off Indian Rocks it was a balmy 74 degrees on the bottom. The winds have churned up the shallow stuff - 10-15' vis max.

...and yes Virginia, it was sloppy...

6 May 10
Dove today with Bluewater Explorers/Scuba Shack in Bradenton

Winds: SW 5-10
Seas: 1-2
Air temp: 88

South Jack/Nohab:
Viz: 50' +
Bottom temp: 75

Doc's Barge:
Viz: top to bottom
Bottom Temp:75

A great day to be on the water!

Niiiiiice. We were in 45-65' Bottom temp was a comfy 78. Almost top to bottom vis in 50'

I got to dive a new spot that I found when I took my nephew fishing for his birthday. Very nice. Scattered rock piles around a short ledge with deep undercuts.
biggrin.gif

Dove yesterday. winds west @ 10 seas 2ft on the way out. Started at the Rube Allyn. Surface temp 81 temp at depth 76deg. Shot some snapper, mackeral, and a sheepshead. Chased away by a 6ft bullshark. Headed for Robalo Ledge but found a new ledge, while sounding on the way, that was FULL of fish. We named it "Broken Ledge" b/c it looked like an earthquake had happened(all jagged and cracked). Added a couple grouper and and a bunch of hogfish to the cooler. saw another shark but it was only about 3ft. Wind and seas laid down for the ride in. Visibility ws inthe 40ft range. There was a little particulate matter(snot) in the water; I
assume from the rain on Monday.
28559_406628113672_724878672_4198911_6672677_n.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom