Post your Boast! (Pics of your catch)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got this one yesterday in a cut on the reef. I was using a Riffe comp 3x with three pretty new 9/16 bands and it just penetrated all the way through just behind the gills.
I have a buddy who farms cobia here so I want to compare the taste. His are really fatty and tasty...almost TOO fatty.
Didn't weigh the fish. Maybe 25 lbs? Not sure.

Attachments

• DSCN0103.jpg
    DSCN0103.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 236
Hey Mike,

The photo was actually taken in Steinhatchee, we were on a friends boat. What do you mean a "motel" parked in the middlegrounds? A large boat?

Yes, It is 400 feet long, about 100 feet long with a 100 foot dock on the stern. It is 4 stories tall and has rooms for 48 guest. Will have a compressor on it. They have crews working on it 24/7 now trying to get it ready. Will be awhile before they are ready to receive guest. Will let everyone know when it is ready. They can even fly you out there if you want.

Nice sheepheads. My wife loves it when I shoot some of them off our intake pipe. Great eating. What are those brown fish? I can't see very well in the picture.

Not sure if this thread is for spear fishermen only, but I got my biggest ever spiny lobster this morning (a shade under 11 lbs). Rhone Man Jr looks less than impressed though...

Lobby.jpg

Not sure if this thread is for spear fishermen only, but I got my biggest ever spiny lobster this morning (a shade under 11 lbs). Rhone Man Jr looks less than impressed though...

Lobby.jpg

Did you tell him that was dinner?

Got out with some friends for my first dive of the year last Wednesday and ended up with my personal best grouper ever. Here are some pics.

My buddies nice trigger

grouper006-1.jpg

My groupie

grouper007-1.jpg

Back at the dock with mine and my buddy Mike's groupers

grouper018.jpg

Total haul -- wish we could have gotten some of the 20 lb red snapper swimming around us, but that will happen in June:

grouper020.jpg

Nice Trigger, and awesome Gag! That's got me looking forward to Next week when I'll be down there!

Nice fish Florabama, Im gonna be spearing in June/July and hope to come across some big ol' groupers like yours. Sure are good eatin..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom