SMB Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sjl21

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi , Il be at the Secrets Maroma Beach in playa del carmon next week and looking into dive shops near there. I was looking at dive Mike...any suggestions? Thanks

I really like Michael Bolt and have been out with him a couple of times. He is Danish and married a local girl. He only runs a dive shop because he loves to dive. He hasn't made any money doing it which is probably why he opened up the bar next door to his shop. His shop is in a convenient location and it is a short walk to the beach with your gear. The problem with DiveMike is that his boat is in really rough shape (unless it has been recently replaced and I don't think it has).
This is not meant to 'bash' DiveMike but just an honest opinion. Some people might be disappointed if they weren't forewarned. There are a lot of boats being used by the smaller Ops that are just as rough. The bigger operations tend to have better boats but DiveMike offstes that with prices that tend to be lower.
There are many shops to choose from and maybe DiveMike will be the right fit for you.

Hey, you could also visit us, we are Scuba 10, dive shop, we are located just 2 blocks away form the beach, we have 2 boats in good conditions, and we can offer dives in Playa del Carmen, Cozumel and Cenotes.
We are located half block away from Cocobongo, our adress 10 Ave. between 10 and 12 north.
In what type of dive are you interested?

scuba10 | Facebook

Back
Top Bottom