Mt Storm April 11 2010 Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVMike

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After a long hard winter we finally got our first dives of the new season in. Weather was great. Only two other groups diving, however the bass boats where everywhere.

Plant has one unit down, but rumor is it will be up again in a week or so.

Surface temp was 68* and temp at depth was 63*, so it is coming up :D

The vis was still in the 5 to 6 foot range :shakehead:

The winter took its toll on Storm, the scuba entry got beat up, one of the big boulders rolled off the bank and is now in the water blocking the entry. The tree that we used to hold on to for the final step is also gone. So plan your entry carefully.

The boat docks are also gone.

Other than all that we had a couple of good dives, felt good to be back in the water.

Last edited:
Looking forward to making a Trip up there this year.

Wow....I'm going to miss that tree!!! Glad the temps are coming up.I believe there is a picnic being planned for June 12th. You'll need to be there...:eek:)

What your max depth Mike?

I forgot to add to the report that the catfish seemed fat and healthy. The winter must not have bothered them.

Wow....I'm going to miss that tree!!! Glad the temps are coming up.I believe there is a picnic being planned for June 12th. You'll need to be there...:eek:)

That tree will be missed :depressed: The entry area needs some work.

Was hoping to dive today, but my buddy is under the weather, and it started raining so I came to work instead. I seemed to forget, "A bad day of diving is better than a good day at work". Or something like that.

Keep me informed on picinic, as of now I am scheduled to work that day, but I can do some swapping around I hope.

Looking forward to seeing you guys.

That tree will be missed :depressed: The entry area needs some work.

Was hoping to dive today, but my buddy is under the weather, and it started raining so I came to work instead. I seemed to forget, "A bad day of diving is better than a good day at work". Or something like that.

Keep me informed on picinic, as of now I am scheduled to work that day, but I can do some swapping around I hope.

Looking forward to seeing you guys.
Mike,

Find the picnic thread on the ST Forum. Post there if you or anyone you know wants to come. That makes it easier to keep track of numbers for burgers and such.

Hope to see you there. :D

Back
Top Bottom