Swamper Campout April 23-25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fantastic weekend guys!!. There couldn't have been a nicer group of folks to dive with and batter the storm. The diving and food were outstanding and plentiful but both took a back seat to the company and friendships formed. Thanks everyone for an exceptional weekend.

P.S. For those who wanted to know where to get "Slap Ya Momma", check either Super Targets or Fiesta Groceries.

Thanks to everyone who came out, new faces and perennials, for an excellent weekend.

ScubaShawn123 - thank you for starting the ball rolling on this. It turned out to be really good timing with optimal vis for Lake Travis and excellent weather, after Friday night anyway. We missed you Sat night!

- John

It was so much fun I still feel like I'm moving :D

Thanks to all !!!

Right there with you all, it was a fun weekend of diving, cooking, eating, and socializing with fellow Swampers. Thank you all for coming out and diving from the shore and Giant Stride. What a great way to kick off the dive season.

Thanks to Scubashawn123 for organizing the event and for all the Swampers that made the trek down to our beautiful lake.

Congratulations to two new AOW divers, Eff & Fthoodtanker. Good job completing the dives.

Looking forward to see you again this summer,

Robert
Lake Travis Scuba
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

Shawn,
We missed you Sat night. I got out of the water and I couldn't figure out what happened to your tent. :confused:

'It blew away in that wind.................what a story to tell about surviving that storm Friday night (Saturday early morning)............................."

Thanks all 'round for the great hospitality and diving! Thanks to oldschool and austinspace for the cooking, and robert for the charters. Thanks to eff, orlowskij, downunderjenn, ellen, and james r for being such good buddies; most of all, thanks to scubashawn123 and carrielsal for getting the ball rolling on this. Can't wait to get back out to Oasis Wall, while the visibility is still in the upper 20s. Now y'all can say "We survived 4-23-2010 and have the cards to prove it!"

Sorry I didn't get to spend more time out at Barstow's with y'all this year. I definitely improved over the time I spent out at the Campout last year though! LOL! Seriously, it was great seeing everyone! Ummm...except Foo...where were you this year!? :idk:

I don't want to hear any excuses about building a house either! Home? Scuba? Home? Scuba? Is there really a choice? :D

Tons of thanks to Shawn, Jen (sorry I missed out on the cookout) and everyone else who helped organize the event! It was a HUGE hit as usual!

Thank you everyone for a fantastic weekend. I especially appreciate Shawn and Carrie for getting it going and Timeliner for the awesome banjo that set the scene. It was such a fun groupwith great camaraderie and our rights of passage night with 55mph winds Friday night.

Vis and temps were all pleasant. I'm glad everyone liked their cards. This event completely sets the tone for the year for me. Miss y'all and hope to dive with you again soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom