Great Lakes Wrecking Crew 14th Semi-Annual Meet and Greet April 23rd-25th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most definitely. They were in the same bag as the oranges and apples when I carried them to the table.

And I was excited 'cause I usually get the Watermelon flavored / twisted rope deco sticks but found multicolored ones this time. Wanted to check 'em out. Curious if they were any good.

Paula

There was oranges and stuff laying on the carpet next to the table where the capn was being made. Did you pick those up or did someone else. I never looked in them. I just moved them to pick up the carpet..

There was oranges and stuff laying on the carpet next to the table where the capn was being made. Did you pick those up or did someone else. I never looked in them. I just moved them to pick up the carpet..

I remember seeing them. I think Don and gNat were munching on them one of the evenings... But don't quote me on that!

They were out there, but I didn't touch those things! Being different colors, they're definitely NOT DIR! You eat those things, you're going to die!! :furious:

They were out there, but I didn't touch those things! Being different colors, they're definitely NOT DIR! You eat those things, you're going to die!! :furious:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Well of course! Everyone knows that! The only acceptable ones for any proper DIR diver that are safe and approved for use are the black licorice. :cool2:

Only strokes eat the colored ones! :rofl3:

Ber I enjoyed diving with your student, Ken and you. It was great as I was able to tweak my drysuit "set-up" without frustrating whom was diving with me!

I have limited experience but compared to the people I did my open waters with you had a good student.

I might send you the log to be signed if I don't catch up with you guys over the summer. (Silly me leaving it at home on my desk)

Look forward to catching you down there again. Enjoyed meeting everyone also, I will be back down in October for the next one. Can we order 70 and sunny, hold the rain?

:)

Last one out of the park again LOL! Finally home. What a great time! Big thanks to bonecrusher for loaning my student the 50cf tank. It was perfect for her though I think she made me look bad if you compare our air consumption LOL!

Another big thanks to Matt, sorry I don't know your Scubaboard name, for spending the entire weekend as my student's buddy on her check outs.

Ted, your hospitality is always top notch, big hug to you. The chance to sleep in the bunkhouse is something I always look forward to! Sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye, I'm guessing we were in the water when you pulled out.

Mitten, big hug to you for just being you!

Even though this was a working weekend for me I got to do some hanging out. Campfires were priceless as always though Saturday I was engrossed in a conversation with my bunkmates so missed a lot of the action. I did catch the key phrases and some rather interesting visuals LOL!

It was great to see old friends again and meet new ones. Looking forward to seeing the pictures that are postable!

Remember, what happens at meet n greet STAYS at meet n greet...you newbies should now understand why LOL!
Ber

Spring Meet & Greet 2010

Attachments

• Spring Meet & Greet 2010.jpg
    Spring Meet & Greet 2010.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 65
So as I ate an orange left over from the weekend I realized I never had one of the Deco sticks (multi-colored Twizzlers) I brought. Did they get eaten? Were they part of the Friday night fire entertainment I'm so conveniently not remembering all of?

Hoping curiousity doesn't kill this diver.
Paula

I had one Friday, they were very good and they were gone Saturday when I went back for more :depressed: I had a blue one :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber I enjoyed diving with your student, Ken and you. It was great as I was able to tweak my drysuit "set-up" without frustrating whom was diving with me!

I have limited experience but compared to the people I did my open waters with you had a good student.

I might send you the log to be signed if I don't catch up with you guys over the summer. (Silly me leaving it at home on my desk)

Look forward to catching you down there again. Enjoyed meeting everyone also, I will be back down in October for the next one. Can we order 70 and sunny, hold the rain?

:)

Glad to have you along, hope you got the chance to do your tweaking. The nice thing about tweaking at Gilboa with this group is most of us have seen this quarry many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many times. Any one of us is willing to dive with a tweaking diver because, quite frankly, tweaking divers have entertainment value and if your tweaking maneuvers are funny enough you will be immortalized at the campfire :popcorn:

Thanks for the compliment, I try to make all of my students look like that. Some of them pick it up faster than others but by the time I'm done with one people who know me can pick my divers out of a group. I kind of brand them :rofl3:

I second the order for 70 and sunny, who's in charge of weather?
Ber :lilbunny:

I second the order for 70 and sunny, who's in charge of weather?

I believe that would be Luckydays! She did such a great job organizing the menu so that we had an overflow of food. Let's have her do the same with the weather!

Back
Top Bottom