50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been diving for the past 21 years and love it. I am 54 years old and healthy. Costeau was diving while in his 80's, why can't I. :cool2: :)

Rene

I just did my first solo dive and I'm 67. Been diving 4 about 5 years. And don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Also plan on getting a dry suit certification this year.

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?

I just stumbled on this forum, and I suppose I qualify as a "Grumpy Old Diva" (at least occasionally grumpy), and though I don't really consider myself elderly, here goes!

I'm 56, live in Thailand and dive mostly in the Andaman Sea (eastern Indian Ocean).

I love diving here, but when I can take the time and have the money for a dive vacation, my first choice is almost always somewhere in Indonesia.

My favorite dive shop? Check my sig line!
And my rating? Right under my avatar...

64 and took a dive course back in 1964 at Oceanside CA. Currently living in Mexico and doing a lot of free diving. I forgot what certification I had from '64 and am trying to track that down in order to be re-certified (hopefully at a discount). The last Scuba dive was in Sweden 1974. Since then diving with a hooka or free diving. Now that I am living in Huatulco, Mexico I hope to start some more serious diving here.

61 and retired in Lakewood (Denver) Colorado. Bonaire, Cayman's, Turks, Roatan, Fiji in the last 7 years. Off to Palau next March.

59...soon to be 60! I can't believe I'm admitting that..women don't do that!
I live in Westchester County, New York
Just got OW certification in April on trip to Cayman Brac with Orbit Dive(CT)
I need some serious work on bouyancy control! Hope to go to Dutch Springs in July to practice and then to Little Cayman, late August and Cozumel in December.

I'm 55 and live in Lafayette, CO right outside the peoples republic of Boulder. Been diving a little over 10 years and got my 1000th dive between Xmas and New Year in Lembeh Strait. I've dived all over the world but Indonesia is my favorite. Been to Lembeh 4 times, Wakatobi 2 times, Raja Ampat 2 times, Komodo, Bali and Bunaken. Don't dive Indonesia you will get hooked. Can't say I have a favorite dive shop.

Didn't read every post but seem to get the jest of the thread....my question is when did 50 become or be considered "old". 50 is the new 40 etc.....our health, our lifestyle will keep me inspired to lower my sac (before God does it for me :wink: BTW I'm 47......just hate that 50 has such a negative moniker today.......have you seen Rachael Welsh lately?
YouTube - Best Of Raquel Welch Part I - Fan Video

She's 70, born 1940..........a lot of plastic surgery I agree, but much better than Nancy Pelosi at the same age............and I love seasoned women, a lot more fun with brains and wisdom and usually a lot of practice and money to make a nice sugar momma.

Think I digressed too much.....sorry.

I don't know if I'm considered old by you guys, but i'm 67. Still diving and have been mostly warm water. Taking a course in Northern California and starting cold water diving. in process of upgrading everything and going to a bp/w harness. Started diving in 1978 when I was just a kid of 35. I figure I only have another 25 years of diving left. Northern California.

I'm 67 and I've been diving 4 about 5 years. I dive 45 degree water with a 5mil wet suit. But I'm planning 2 go 4 my dry suit cert soon. Like a time EX watch, it takes a beating but still keeps on ticking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom