Custom Twin Diver Propulsion Vehicle !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

East West

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
If you have interest with a project of this type and live in Southern California contact me . I have designed and built DPV,s in the past so there is no guess work . Your time and motivation is most important but a welder or machinist can help keep the cost minimal . I would like to do a destruction test on my housing design by dropping it with rope 600 feet + in the ocean from my boat , that is a two man job . The concept and mechanical design will be my main goal to accomplish .

Well, lets have some pictures!

If you have interest with a project of this type and live in Southern California contact me . I have designed and built DPV,s in the past so there is no guess work . Your time and motivation is most important but a welder or machinist can help keep the cost minimal . I would like to do a destruction test on my housing design by dropping it with rope 600 feet + in the ocean from my boat , that is a two man job . The concept and mechanical design will be my main goal to accomplish .

I'm interested, and I can weld mig if that's useful.

Peter

I have begun the project and made modifications on my working prototype . It will be a extremely powerful single DPV design with a twin diver detachable frame . I think the concept is much more practical having the option for one or two persons . I have been looking at 150 pounds of thrust power for propulsion . There will be plenty of thrust for a large payload to propel . The electronics will have a pulse width modulation speed controller . They say it does not lose efficiency at any speed but will make my own evaluation . It will have a 50 + pound battery capacity and a 1.5 pound negative buoyancy .

I use a custom DPV designer in Florida for my custom DPV's. He has a pressure chamber that will take the DPV to 600 feet, along with everything else he builds. Building your own pressure chamber is far easier than dropping your scooter to 600 feet, and you don't ruin the motor if the seal didn't hold. Just sayin'. Why do you want the scooter to destruct at 600 feet? Not that I ever intend to dive that deep, but I don't want the scooter imploding at that depth either. Why would you use 50 lbs of batteries? A 50 lb li-ion battery would propel 500 lbs using a 150 lb thrust motor for about 4 hours. A 50 lb battery will make the scooter weigh about 120 lbs when finished, making this unit a bear to load and unload from the boat.

The statistics are for my first hull design with agm , gel , dry cell type batteries . The destruct test is on the hull without a motor or modifications . I have designed this hull and want to test this baby all she can hold , 1000 ft. ? Building a 30 sq. foot pressure chamber with a 500 psi capability is beyond me with the pacific ocean as a free alternative . It weighs in 30 + pounds dry which is 80 operational . Being a robust design it has the potential to be used as a swimmer delivery vehicle . Those guys at Tahoe would love to test a SDV with a 4 hour run time .

I have begun the project and made modifications on my working prototype . It will be a extremely powerful single DPV design with a twin diver detachable frame . I think the concept is much more practical having the option for one or two persons . I have been looking at 150 pounds of thrust power for propulsion . There will be plenty of thrust for a large payload to propel . The electronics will have a pulse width modulation speed controller . They say it does not lose efficiency at any speed but will make my own evaluation . It will have a 50 + pound battery capacity and a 1.5 pound negative buoyancy .

LMAO! I didn't know the NHRA sponsored DPV's! :burnout:

Back
Top Bottom