Belize vs. Honduras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krunchy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am planning a dive trip in May, and am torn between Belize and Honduras. I will be traveling solo, and am looking for amazing diving (of course), price, and the social vibe for a single traveler.

Sounds like the West Bay area of the Island of Roatan, Honduras would fit the bill nicely for you...go to the Bay Islands section of the board to check it out,

Have to agree - people talk really highly of the social dive scene in Roatan's west end.

I don't think you can go wrong in either place but the diving is cheaper on Roatán. Have a great trip and be sure to tell us all about it!

Thanks for the advice everyone... in the end I decided to go with Ambergris. I've always wanted to see the Blue Hole, and the flight to Belize was about 1/2 price. I leave on May 16 and I'm pretty excited!

Have a great trip and be sure to tell us all about.

As a side note, if you decide to head to the Bay Islands, Utila's the place for a really young, festive dive scene and is, in general, cheaper than Belize or Roatan. On Roatan there's more to do (hiking, nicer beaches, etc.) and the dive sites are closer. West Bay beach is gorgeous but doesn't have restaurants except in the resorts which are mostly high end. West End is the place you want to be to meet people imo. Happy trails!

PS Even though I'm in my 50's, we love both islands (in other words, Utila isn't only for young people), and check out Guanaja for the most amazing diving in Honduras (imo) if you want to get off the beaten track.

Ambergris is a great choice and the Blue Hole trip will be a day you always remember. We have dived with Amigos del Mar everytime we go to Ambergris. Hope you keep the outer islands on your "to dive" list as well as the Bay Islands. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom