Exuma Cays Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blondiee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, I am a relatively new diver who is going to be going on my first trip to the Caribbean this summer in July. I'm going on a Blackbeard's cruise to the Exumas with some people from my LDS, & I'm really excited!

I was just wondering if anybody had been to the Exuma Cays before and what their experiences had been, and also, any impressions on the Blackbeard's cruise.

Thank you!:)

When are you going? I've got 5 buddies from here doing a Blackbeard trip that begins or ends on the 23rd of July.

If you're doing the Blackbeard trip that leaves out of Nassau, you're following the Aqua Cat route. Search that. There was a relatively recent thread and a bunch of photos were posted.

Hi h20! I'm going July 10th-16th so I guess we're all not going on the same trip. I am leaving out of Nassau, so I will definitely search the Aqua Cat route to see some pictures!

Thanks for you help:)

Blackbeards is like camping out on the ocean. Don't expect anything fancy but expect to have a good time, good food and to have great diving experiences.

I have been on that itinerary before with AquaCat. The shark dive is fun and a real photo op. The wall diving is as good as it gets and there are a lot of swim throughs. There's lots of Lion fish. Can't remember all the sites but none of them was a bust. I went on all 26 dives. The Washing Machine was fun and I would definitely do that one over and over again. Water temp at that time of year requires only a skin.

I did the Exumas two years ago on the Avalon. I thought the diving was very, very good and that is from a guy who has done a few Bonaire trips and lives in Micronesia. I'm taking my son there on Blackbeard's June 26-July 2nd.

Have a great trip!

Thank you all for your replies.:) Hahha, yes Don I've definitely heard that Blackbeard's isn'tluxury at all--definitely "camping on the water"--but I'm going for the diving so that's all that matters. & I'm excited to hear that the diving is awesome, I can't wait! (especially from somebody who dove in Bonaire) :D

Does anybody have any pictures? I'm just curious:)

I will be on the same trip (7/10-16). Thanks for opening the thread. I too want to get more information so I can get more excited.

i am verrryyy excited, and from what i've heard from some people at the shop, it is an amazing trip!
i simply can't wait. :)

Me too....just 39 days! Rick has told me a lot about it. I'm diving with Greg this Saturday. Are you flying in on Friday? Maybe we will be traveling together as well.

In July 1985 I went on a sailing trip around the Bahamas and one of our stops was at a place called the Exuma Cay Club. It was a defunct resort that had been built. There are a couple of shore excurions I've seen discussed there including a thing called the blow hole. Info on the place is hard to find, if you happen to stop there, I'd love to get some info on what has become of the place.

Enjoy your trip, as has been said, people I know that have done Blackbeards say it's like campaing indoors, but the food is great and the diving is great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom