Required to tow a flag on Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sunshine, the trigger was a Sargassum Triggerfish [Xanthichthys ringens].
Of course we saw turtles. Surprised we didn't see a Manta...had a macro lens.

As to the post: I now have to carry the camera, a large knife to cut the fishing lines, a spear for the Lionfish, and an SMB.
Might as well go home and ride the DC metro.

Attachments

• 180 HarrysCruzGrandi 71 - Version 2.jpg
    180 HarrysCruzGrandi 71 - Version 2.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 50
Nice Lion fish pic! Serious question, not to be interpreted as unfriendly or detrimental to the hobby/sport; how can you tell if a lion fish is angry? They always look pi$$ed off to me.

Well, I seem to have opened one of the two below. But soon I will open the other.

I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which.

Nice lionfish picture...

They aren't angry, they are just "deep thinkers." Get it? Deep thinkers...fish, the sea...:rofl3:

Sorry, best I could come up with at the moment, but I am trying to play nice.

Attachments

• can of worms.jpg
    can of worms.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Bright.jpg.jpg
    Bright.jpg.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 38
Maybe I'll find a little Diver Down flag and zip tie it to my BC inflator hose:eyebrow:

You make a comment like this to only begrudge the posters their opinions regarding SMB's and Lion fish????? Crime, ease of travel and sanitation are major considerations when I am planning a dive vacation. Creating such drama over Lion fish and SMB's as criteria when making your selection WTF? Oh well, to each his own.

*sigh*

I can remember what this board was like when folks like Uncle Pug and Snowbear were active members and this simply reinforces my understanding on why they're absent - folks who enjoy simply creating conflice are noy ones I like to hang out with at work where I get paid to do it, there's absolutely no reason to do so outside of work.

Our next trip is 2 weeks at All West on Curacao in Sep. 2010, and was posted in jd950's thread advising the 2010 Curacao NOW! program is a possible scam. It'll be nice to deal with honest folks like Louis Ramirez and Suzy at the Dive Bus (we never were fortunate enough to meet Mark). Clearly with a 2010 trip already booked and pre-paid to Curacao I have a vested interest in what is or isn't being required of shore divers there.

I'm off to a friendlier board where single individuals don't choose to use my posts as fodder for their own amusement to speak globally for all individuals on their zealous interpretation of mty factual posts; I'll just post links here and PM with our friends on Curacao.

Just for the record, I am not the one that referred to the Curacao Now program as a possible scam, I simply started a thread to point out that the requirements were different this year. I don't remember who called it a scam and don't care enough to go and find it.

Say Hi to Louis for me. I have met Mark, but never met Suzy; perhaps this Summer....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom