Triplex P0 Safety Valve broken..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kdupreez

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I have my compressor running and started testing all the systems one by one.

The Safety Valve on the Triplex doesnt vent when I turn the "Vent" knob.. seems its stuck..

So I thought, no problem. I'll take it apart and Sonic clean it and put it back together..

Everything goes fine until I get to removing the nylon seat and poppet from the housing.. its STUCK.. great, found my problem.. after a few minutes of careful prodding with WD40 and a scubapro plastic tool (used for assembly of my Mk25 first stages) I got the darn thing out!

WOA!! The reason it was stuck is because somehow the nylon seat drove into the poppet and tore a few cracks into it this expanding the poppet like a bushing and its good and stuck??? WTF ?? How does this happen?? If its stuck, can 4500psi or more eventually do this (doubt it) ? or did some idiot over tighten the valve stem screw and damaged the seat?? :(

Where do I get a replacement part?? I really dont feel like paying $450 for a new valve when its such a small part with a problem??

The broken part is the "Valve Seat", but I'd prefer to replace the Valve Housing (It has the knife edge that makes the seal) and the Pressure Spring..

FinalSafetyValve1.jpg

Here's a closeup of the part and the nylon seat with cracks shown..

SafetyValvePoppet.jpg

Last edited:
Bad news is, they don't sell parts separately for any "safety" device. If your lucky, you might find a used one from a damaged one, someone might have laying around. Otherwise, you will have to buy the whole safety.

Craig

I Figured as much... Bugger!!

Thanks Craig and if anyone happen to have an old one laying around, please make my day and let me know!

Right now this fun journey has come to a sad and abrupt halt :(

Thanks for the info on the motor and starter in the other thread-mine are on the way.

You may want to give Mark a call @ bauer (757)855-6006 or sls@bauercomp.com He has been
able to point me in the right direction for repair parts for my Mariner E

Thanks for the info on the motor and starter in the other thread-mine are on the way.

You may want to give Mark a call @ bauer (757)855-6006 or sls@bauercomp.com He has been
able to point me in the right direction for repair parts for my Mariner E

Mark is a Bauer tech the correct name/link: Joe.Lyons@bauercomp.com he helped me locate parts for my outdated and long gone form the shelves Bauer water oil seperator....

Valve sent into Bauer for rebuild.. should be around $150 and i should get it back by end of the week... (if its salvageable)

Koos,

What was the final damage? I tested mine the other day, it did not blow off at all and I have been messing with it for a few days now. Sure enough, I have the same problem you did. The seat is pretty much hammered beyond working.

this is a jerry rig approach but you could put another priority valve in line with the one on he output and set it at a higher output and take the air out between them. seperator priority low set to a t conn to a priority high psi set. air out of the middle at the t. the high set priority will function as the hp air relief withair coming out the normal port to the whip

Back
Top Bottom