Scuba stuff in thrift stores.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice find Freefloat. Now, if you could just tell Hoomi a little something about Nitrox; I think he is confused about how it works.
LOL He can ask me and I'd be pleased to make an overview, but IMHO that discussion deserves a separate thread.

That discussion deserves a Dead Horse award. :)

I could have picked up a new-looking Canon DC700 underwater camera case at Goodwill this weekend for $4.99. It's the case for the A60 & A70 digital cameras (still some available on Amazon).

I decided to go back and see if it was still there today (wanted to look it up online first), and someone had beat me to it. I should have grabbed it right away.

I could have picked up a new-looking Canon DC700 underwater camera case at Goodwill this weekend for $4.99. It's the case for the A60 & A70 digital cameras (still some available on Amazon).

I decided to go back and see if it was still there today (wanted to look it up online first), and someone had beat me to it. I should have grabbed it right away.

For $4.99, I'm surprised you felt the need to do some research! Hindsight really is 20/20.

Where's this shop in Tuscon that keeps having these remarkable finds?

Here we go again. I hate you Doc Ed. Can I finish painting your tanks and be your slave for a while for the helmet.

I have been roving, and Knowone has a number of nonsensical posts that have nothing whatsoever to do with anything related to the thread. This appears to be just one more.

Remember that the next time you see that name.

I can understand what Knowone is saying, I don't get what the issue is. :confused: Maybe a few I don't get but that's the same with nearly all posters here.

Here we go again. I hate you Doc Ed. Can I finish painting your tanks and be your slave for a while for the helmet.

Ha! Left the tanks a nice lovely galv color, thank-you-very-much :D Having bands manufactured at an exhaust muffler shop. They should be done this week-end, and will post photos of them.

PS: The helmet is MINE! :D

hahahahaha!

Resurrecting an old thread here. We were at the Goodwill Outlet yesterday. The outlet is pretty much the "clearance" center for Goodwill, with clothes costing $1.29 a pound, and non-clothing items cost $1.29 a pound for the first two pounds, and then 30 cents a pound thereafter.

There was an old BC there yesterday (not sure of the actual vintage, but it had the holder and trigger for a CO2 cartridge to inflate the BC). We didn't pick that up, as I really didn't want to deal with storing it. On the "score!" side, we found one of the larger Dry-Sacks. I'm not sure what the final cost was, since we had several items being weighed, but I doubt it was more than a buck.

Another Goodwill score tonight. An old Calypso J regulator set from 1977, in the original box, with the warranty folder (and the mail-in warranty registration forms still blank).
Reg1.jpg

Yes, that price tag reads $14.99. I figured it was worth that just for the curio value.
Reg2.jpg

Shiny!
Reg3.jpg

Latest revision date in the book is from 1976. I'm guessing from the serial number series, the reg is from 1977.
Reg4.jpg

First stage, with that old-fashioned reserve valve, and the wrist watch thermometer to one side.
Reg5.jpg

Chrome second stage. I don't see any signs of rust or corrosion on it anywhere. I'm wondering if this unit was ever used.
The thermometer has "RR" painted on the back, which I'm assuming is someone's initials.

I think I got a good deal on it, but even if not, I still think it's pretty nifty.

Back
Top Bottom