My New Intova Setup and a question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBrett22

Lionfish Slayer
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I Just got a whole new Intova setup. I still have the Intova 8.0 MP Camera the IC 800. I just got the INTOVA Slave Strobe the ISS 2000 with the BTD Base tray with two handles and arm connectors.

I am aiming to save money to get the IWAL Wide Angle Lens to add on does anyone know how good this lens is?

Attachments

• PICT4108.jpg
    PICT4108.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 145
  • PICT4110.jpg
    PICT4110.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 122
I don't own the Intova camera but for the price, I was impressed with the UltraMax (Intova) strobe. Good luck. Get the biggest card you can and shoot everything. Figure it all out later on the computer.

I don't own the Intova camera but for the price, I was impressed with the UltraMax (Intova) strobe. Good luck. Get the biggest card you can and shoot everything. Figure it all out later on the computer.

Yup i got a 4GB SD card and i can take up to 1,150 pictures and 30:00 min films xD

Hi Scubabret I have an IC-10 with the same strobe also have the wide angle lens and the macro lens as well, have used the macro lens and got some good close ups also have tried the wide angle lens on the surface and it works really well, hope this helps.

Shayne, I just got the IC10 and ISS 2000 strobe. It did not come with a sync cord and neither has a diffuser. Would you mind sharing details of your rig? Also, using the strobe, what have you found that you regular have your settings at on the IC10? I've been extremely pleased so far witht the video (though it was a little noisier audio than the IC600), but I can't seem to get the hang of the still photography on this unit. The huge delay in snapping pics leaves me with a lot of blurry photos. The automatic/default settings don't give me consistent performance.

I am in total agreement with RobertCF. I have tried numerous settings on our IC800, including Auto (which seems to be the worst) and have unbelievably mixed results.

Having said that, I'm certain it's not 100% the cameras fault. :wink:

One of the keys for me in our cold, green water is manual white balance. I either use a slate or just a nice white plumose to set the WB at a given depth. Even still, many shots lack decent color and/or are overexposed. Getting it "just right" seems to elude me more often than not.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

While I've definitely picked up a lot from various tutorials around the web, figuring out the combinations on the IC10 challenge me. If I understand correctly, you can't actually adjust the F-stop itself, only degrees of +/- as an offset...which doesn't help you when you are trying to calculate the absolute F-stop.

Robert have found you need the sync cable and also the diffuser i have my EV setting set to around -1 but it also depends on what depth you are at. I have also found video is good and yes there is a delay, I do think it is less on the IC-10 than the IC-800, do have to adjust flash settings to get right light does depend on depth and viz a little bit of trial and error have a look at my photos to see what i mean

i bought both the intova ic800 and is2000 strobe.
i have since moved on to a panasonic zs3 (still have the strobe) but some of my funnest and most challenging photos were with the ic800.
first of all the ic800 is a slow shooter and has a slow recycle time- so this means that your shots have to count. secondly, it is prone to blurriness, so you have to control your bouyancy and keep as still as possible especially for macro shots. i would usually hold my breath for a short while (if there isnt a current) or slowly exhale to keep me as steady as possible.
however things get much easier with the ic800 when using a strobe. first set the camera to iso100 (best quality shots) and a shutter speed of 1/125 (effectively stops the action) or just keep it in sports mode. next just angle your strobe so that you dont get a washed out subject and you also avoid a little backscatter.
although i never had the wide angle lens, im not sure if it would help. i dont know if you noticed, but the ic800 cannot focus closer than 4 inches or so. so even if you had a wide or macro lens, you still would be limited by the cameras optics.
those tips helped me a lot and this camera improved my bouyancy and awareness tremendously. so even if i did not get the best pictures with it, i do have some very fond memories with my time with the intova ic800.

Back
Top Bottom