Dive Rite battery replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know if you got a battery yet. I think batteryspace has 4/3 A and the 12v 4500mah batery packs back.

If you go with Li-Ion, you can make nice packs from 18650 batteries from dealextreme. Just make sure that the voltage of the battery pack fall within the range for the ballast.

A Li-Ion pack of the same size as the 5Ah nimh pack would give you almost 9 hours of burn time. IT may be overkill.

You could also go the Lithium polymer route which you can also buy on batteryspace.

batteries plus might be able to help (they are in strip malls), or call light monkey & see what they can do.

i sorta think those prices are those prices, though. don't know you'll be able to go very much cheaper. so if you do get a deal, please post what you ended up paying!

Hey guys,

I got my new NIMH battery and charger yesterday from Batteryspace.com

I charged it up, but can someone tell me about cycling? How do I do a burn down, put the light head in a glass of ice and leave it on for 4-5 hours? How do I know when to stop the burn and re-charge the battery?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I got my new NIMH battery and charger yesterday from Batteryspace.com

I charged it up, but can someone tell me about cycling? How do I do a burn down, put the light head in a glass of ice and leave it on for 4-5 hours? How do I know when to stop the burn and re-charge the battery?

Thanks!

Keep the bucket of cold water, and let it run until it turns off, then charge it up immediately. Run a few cycle and you are good to go. A word of caution, Do NOT drain NIMH all the way down unless you can charge it up right away.

You could go buy yourself a $2 MR11 10 watt or 20 watt Halogen and hook that up to the battery to test it. It's a lot better then burning your HID for 3 x 4 hours.

Back
Top Bottom