How to attach my DSMB to BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

samuel150

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I attempted to shoot an DSMB when I was diving in the local quarry on the weekend. This was my first time using an DSMB and it was half successfull lol, except the DSMB was a bit limp. Need more air next time.

I had my DSMB in my BC pocket and the finger spool in the other pocket. The water was a chilly 5oC so I was wearing thick 5mm gloves. This made it very difficult to:
A) Get the DSMB out of the pockets. Had to have my buddy get it out in the end.
B) Attach the DSMB to the spool. Im solving this by having them both attached before the dive.

I have an APValves 4ft DSMB, which I want to attach to the lower hip D ring.
AP Valves Sealed Surface Marker Buoy | Reels and Buoys,Buoys | Simply Scuba UK
BC, lower hip D-ring under the stripes
Scubapro T-Force BCD | BCDs,Mens | Simply Scuba UK

One way I could attach it is by clipping the free double ender on the spool to the strap on the DSMB and then hook it onto the d-ring however this would leave the dsmb to dangle to much.

The other way I thought of is having 2 bungee cord on the dring in a loop and just put the dsmb through the bungee cord with the spool clipped to the d-ring or the strap on the DSMB. But the only thing that comes to mind with this is that it may come loose out of the bungee.

What do you think is a better way or which way do you have yours?

I woould clip it rather then bungee it. Woud hate for it to come loose. I figure easier to slip out of a bungee as opposed to uncliped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom