Diving Offshore Jax Fla!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divejax

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Guys we will be chartering offshore Jax Fla Saturday for anyone interestedOur boat leaves from Mayport and the cost is 85.00PP
Call the shop to sign up 904-270-1747

Thanks!
USCG Captains Steve Parks & Bob Bunkley

Guys we will be chartering offshore Jax Fla Saturday for anyone interestedOur boat leaves from Mayport and the cost is 85.00PP
Call the shop to sign up 904-270-1747

Thanks!
USCG Captains Steve Parks & Bob Bunkley
Guys the water temp is in the lower 60's but the viz is good and we are chartering every day. Tons of flounder are on the reefs & wrecks! We even saw Right whales breaching on Monday.
Thnks
Bob

You going this Saturday? (5/1). What time do you leave mayport?

Great! What time do you leave? Do you have a general guideline on which weather is too bad? I was trying to arrange a trip with you guys the other week but weather stopped that... I think there were 3 ft seas that day.

Yep captain Steve usually pulls the plug if its over 3 - 5' seas. We take a lot of newbies and we want them to have a good customer experience on what is sometimes their first trip offshore.
I will only take ADV or seasoned boat divers on my boat Strike Eagle so i usually call it off when seas are greater than 4' on 10 second intervals.
Hopefully we have another weekend like this past Friday & Saturday. They had flat seas and 40' - 50' vis here in Jax

Thanks!

Awesome, I understand about the seas, I just want to know what to look for so i can monitor the weather too. Thanks for the info, hopefully the wife and I will be able to come down and dive with y'all soon.

Do you go out on Fridays? I'll be in Jax for weekends monthly starting in June and would like to get some BT.

How is the vis right now? And what are the average depths to the wrecks/reefs?

Hello
We go EVERY day the weather allows! The vis near shore right now is around 20'. Offshore the vis reports were 40-50 foot. Tons of cobia, grouper & flounder are on the wrecks. Starting this weekend both boats will be running offshore

Thanks
Capt Bob 904-270-1747 Atlantic Pro divers

the depth range is 60-80 feet nearshore and 90-150' offshore

Back
Top Bottom